LA 532 SCL-JFK in J

Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
LA 532 SCL-JFK in J

Flying 532 tomorrow night from SCL to JFK in J and the flight leaves Santiago at 23:00. What type of meal service is offered since it is such a late departure? And any other helpful tips for flying in J on the LATAM 789 would be much appreciate as it is my first time doing so. Currently my girlfriend and I are in row 4 in the two middle seats.

** Correction. Looks like it is a 788 **

Last edited by Youngtraveldude; Jan 2, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Flying 532 tomorrow night from SCL to JFK in J and the flight leaves Santiago at 23:00. What type of meal service is offered since it is such a late departure? And any other helpful tips for flying in J on the LATAM 789 would be much appreciate as it is my first time doing so. Currently my girlfriend and I are in row 4 in the two middle seats.

** Correction. Looks like it is a 788 **
They'll offer a full meal service, but might (probably will) serve all elements together rather than by course to abbreviate service time. If you're interested in sleep, get food in the lounge/airport before departure, but you shouldn't go hungry on the flight if you don't. In general, FAs will disappear after that.

In J you won't notice the difference between the 788 and 789 (at least, I don't), and I think you've got the best seats. Once boarding is done, there's not that much foot traffic in front of you, and I really like looking up and having so much open space above.

Last edited by zpaul; Jan 3, 2017 at 7:33 am
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
If you are in the 788 i will change the seats, since row 4 is behind the door. So your choices are to board last or you will be disturbed by the Y pasagers.... now i will say that row 5 is worse on the middle seats, since more people will pass by your seat from one side to the another, also row 5 on 788 you will get a lot of noise from Y

Row 4 could be OK if you are on Windows seats since you wont have people walking on your space. If you want middle seats go for row 2 or row 3, for me is the best on the 788. On row 2 you wont get a lot of space over head, but you will have a lot of storage on the sides. .. Row 1 will be more noisy for the kitchen.

You should get a full dinner as told above you may get all together and you also may not get a cheese plate (happend twice on late flights)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.