Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks LATAM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Thanks LATAM

Having flown LAN/TAM a few times before over the last month I had a stint in South/Central America. This fortunately/unfortunately resulted in 16 flights in that period and overall I was very impressed.

Most of these flights were international and all in economy. Aircraft types varied from A319,320,321,767,787.

What I liked

-Generally very friendly staff.
-Every single flight was on time or early
-Good emerald recognition. Probably 50% of flight welcomed on board.
- Never made to check hand baggage. I travel with roller and Tumi backpack.
- Availability of row 1 for Emeralds and potential seat blocking. Had a high percentage of empty middle seats in row 1.
- Proper enforcement of Preferente lines
- Decent food options in international longer flights e.g. SCL-LIM, LIM-GRU. Like the use of proper glassware and wines poured from bottle with topups offered.
- Lounges where available are solid, SCL in particular and especially the premium check in area.
-LATAM entertainment app. Really is a great app. Good choices of viewing and works gate-gate.

Not to keen on/ Annoyances

-The flimsy paper boarding passes given at most stations with exception of LIM and a couple others
-SUMAQ lounge in LIM. It really is pretty poor. I know there is not a huge amount of space at LIM but surely there must be some thought for a small dedicated lounge. The line this morning was probably 25/30 people out the door.

So yes thanks LATAM for making my busy last few weeks, stress free and relatively enjoyable. I will be back. Color me impressed!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Latam Black Signature
Not only the SUMAQ facilities and food are poor, the service is also really bad. Unfriendly staff policing and acting like grumpy teachers on taking a soft drink out of the lounge, touching the crappy furniture with the feet, or moving chairs...
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: LANPASS
SUMAQ, however isn't owned or operated by LATAM.. it's an independently operated lounge.
It has seen better days.. my previous experiences at SUMAQ were all great (I'm sure it depends on the time of day, though), not so my latest which was a lot more on the "meh" side

LATAM should definitely start thinking about having its own lounge at LIM, even more considering that LIM is a bigger hub than SCL for LATAM's regional operation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.