Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

I can't print my USA-departing boarding pass: is there a fix?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I went online to print my boarding pass for tomorrow and it didn't work. I called the LAN "help desk" a couple of times. Their English language skills are limited, and their problem solving skills when it comes to boarding passes appear to be zero.

My tickets are AA-issued award tickets. Realistically, is there any way to fix this so I can use online check-in? I just have carry-on and would rather not wait at the airport check-in line (which will mean I have to get to the airport earlier). I'd also like to get my boarding pass so that I know there's no weird glitch with my award ticket. Finally, if I go to the ticket counter, they'll probably want to weigh my luggage, which will probably be over some ridiculously-low cabin baggage weight limit (I've had this problem with LAN in the past).

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I've had issues more than once. It may be as simple as some of the required doc fields aren't complete.

No idea where you're leaving from, but (1) check to see if there are check-in kiosks, and (2) you knew the luggage limit when booking, and also probably know that they tend to rove around the boarding gate and sometimes weigh them at boarding, too.

See if you can check in with the app.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I've had issues more than once. It may be as simple as some of the required doc fields aren't complete.
Yeah, that's my hunch, too. While I can pull up my reservation on the LATAM website, it won't give me access to add my passport number, etc. I tried doing it on the AA website -- and I even tried some other Oneworld sites -- but I can't get in. AA.com even says I'm already checked-in, which I'm not. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to hope for the best; odds are I'll be fine.

I did just read that the carry-on limits on LATAM are 8 kg. That's a little higher than I remember on LAN. You might be able to squeak a roll-a-board under that weight limit, if you're not travelling with heavy books, etc. I'm sure I'll be very close. For some reason LAN doesn't like USA-sized roll-a-boards on board; on several occasions, I've also had to "hide out" away from the boarding areas so the "luggage police" don't bother me.

It's a shame LAN is incompetent on this type of thing. This has been my historical experience with them: they're a good airline in the air, but not so much on the ground.

Last edited by iahphx; Nov 18, 2016 at 3:49 am
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: LANPASS
Are you having trouble actually performing an online check-in or are you already checked in and are having issues getting a boarding pass?

Two different problems here.

If you're unable to Check-in, there may be a glitch on the check-in flow on the website or perhaps, as Eastbay1K already mentioned, there may be some information missing from your reservation that LATAM expects so the process is halted.

If, on the other hand, you ARE checked-in and are unable to get a boarding pass, you may be experiencing one of two possible issues:
1.- Even though LATAM.com opens it's check-in flow 48 hours prior to departure, TSA rules state that they are not allowed to provide you with a usable boarding pass until you are within the 24 hour departure window. If you are further than 24 hours from scheduled departure and already checked in, BP issuance is inhibited. No biggie, just wait a couple hours and go back to the check-in flow with your PNR and you'll get it.

2.- Depending on the route you are flying (configuration is done per airport), your LA operated, US departing flight may be originating from an airport where for some unknown (to us) reason, the BP issuance is inhibited entirely. I remember having had to do that a couple of times, can't remember what the reasons were though
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FWIW, I haven't "checked in," but aa.com (I have AA award tickets) shows me as checked-in. The LATAM site just says we can't check you in, do it at the airport.

Seems like their tech is a bit behind the times. I know they've been fiddling with it the past year. Oddly, I don't see a way on their website to do things like add your passport number, etc.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
It seems to me that you have been "pre-checked in" (using LA's term), that's why you are "checked-in" for AA. This is what often happens when they need to check your documents at the airport. It has also happened to me a few times when I flew from LIM to Europe even though I am EU-based.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krzysz
It seems to me that you have been "pre-checked in" (using LA's term), that's why you are "checked-in" for AA. This is what often happens when they need to check your documents at the airport. It has also happened to me a few times when I flew from LIM to Europe even though I am EU-based.
I think you're correct. I went to LATAM's elite/biz class counter at JFK and they printed out the boarding passes. I had to ask to get my connecting boarding pass out of SCL also printed out. The counter is VERY slow; it took me 20 minutes to get my boarding pass even though there were only 2 customers in front of me on the elite line. It would have been close to an hour on the regular line. So you really want an online boarding pass if you're not checking bags. Next time maybe I could try giving my passport info to them over the phone in advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.