Bet for Upgrade

Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Bet for Upgrade

I havent see this option so far on Chile or USA, but today i was checking on Ecuador Site and this site came out.

You can ask for it on this routes so far

Santiago - Sao Paulo.
Santiago - Río de Janeiro.
Buenos Aires - Sao Paulo.
Bogotá - Sao Paulo.
Lima - Sao Paulo.

None are from Ecuador so i have no idea why they put them on that site first

Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The auction upgrade system is used by several airlines http://www.plusgrade.com/
https://www.latam.com/en_us/plan-boo...et-an-upgrade/
This service is not available on these routes:
Santiago - Sao Paulo.
Santiago - Río de Janeiro.
Buenos Aires - Sao Paulo.
Bogotá - Sao Paulo.
Lima - Sao Paulo.
Another https://www.optiontown.com/home_page...=SelectProduct
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: LANPASS
As mwenezi says, bidding for upgrades is something a lot of airlines are currently doing

In LATAM it's been rolled out very silently and on some routes only. For reasons I'm yet to find out, it's only sometimes available on all LATAM.com localized sites (and it has been available in Chile, I have used it a couple of times)

The available routes do vary. SCL-MEX and MEX-SCL has also been available (which is where I used it)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: EB Gold
I have a flight from CDG to GRU coming up and the lowest bid from economy tu business is $500. It has been the same the last couple of weeks, but does anyone know if they will lower the bar if the business class has a lot of empty space? RIght now it is J7 Y7 B7 and all other classes in 0 so guess its pretty full.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by maarstad
I have a flight from CDG to GRU coming up and the lowest bid from economy tu business is $500. It has been the same the last couple of weeks, but does anyone know if they will lower the bar if the business class has a lot of empty space? RIght now it is J7 Y7 B7 and all other classes in 0 so guess its pretty full.
IME, they don't lower the bar.

Also, one thing you don't know is how many people have already bid for the upgrade (at the minimum of $500 or more).
$500 is peanuts for business in such a long flight, so I would guess there are lots of bidders already?
maarstad likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by carlosdca
IME, they don't lower the bar.

Also, one thing you don't know is how many people have already bid for the upgrade (at the minimum of $500 or more).
$500 is peanuts for business in such a long flight, so I would guess there are lots of bidders already?
I have no idea on how the "bidding culture" is on LATAM, but it's correct that you don't know have many who already bid.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:38 pm

I think you See them on the upg list. I’ve seen them listed as opción upgrade or something like that
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by dbasulto
I think you See them on the upg list. I’ve seen them listed as opción upgrade or something like that
Only day of departure, right?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Only day of departure, right?
Yeah, you can see them as "opcion upgrade" on the upg list 12 hours after the departure.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
You can see them as "Opcion Upgrade" even before you can even ask for an upgrade with coupons i think...
​​

​​​​​​My friend and I went to LIM about a week ago, he has only Gold Status and in our way back i told him try to ask for the upgrade with your coupons and if to many people before you i will give you one of mine. This was on the LIM SCL where sometimes is quitte empty and some not.

Well he went online 48 hours before the fly and i mean 48... He was updating the page all time, when he was able to check inn he ask for the upgrade and got 3rd place, before him there was 2 opcion upgrades........ Well finaly where about 10 seats free and he was about 9th so i used my coupons anyway to be sure
​​​​​
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:33 am

I'm using plusgrade and can't see how many others have bid. I don't know why, but I can't check in earlier than 24 hours in advance. Maybe because its a travel agent booking. The flight is J7 Y7 B7 and the rest is 0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.