Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred seating on A319

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Preferred seating on A319

We want to reserve two seats on LA2442 which is an A319 of Latam Peru flying from IGU in Brazil to LIM. This is a reward booking and we are oneworld emerald so can book preferred seats. Unfortunately on seat selection it says that the emergency exit seats on flights leaving Brazil are not available to persons aged over 60 which we are. Does anybody know whether this is enforced?

The only seats available in row 1 are A and B. Is there extra legroom in row 1 or would we be better to take the two aisle seats 2C and 2D? The other LATAM flights we have do not involve Brazil and we have booked emergency exit rows. Any advice that anyone can give would be appreciated.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
(1) The airline will certainly know your age, and you should expect enforcement.

(2) Notwithstanding (1), expect that you will be asked if you can understand Portuguese y/o Español if seated in an exit row. If you don't, you should expect to move to whatever seats are available for a last minute swap while onboard, delaying everyone's departure.

(3) I'd take the adjoining aisles. I think Seatguru has seatmaps for these particular aircraft, but haven't recently checked.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Yes i will avoid the exit row if you are over or under the age, also if you dont have all is asked to handle the door.

Once i went from SCL to IQQ with my mother, she has some hearing disability (not a lot, is like 7/10). On the SCL to IQQ, she was on the middle, i just say to her, when the fly attendants ask you say "yes" but the ask her how are you and she says "yes" so they move her. (I was on the Window seat in case of an emergency).

Seatguru is not that updated. On A319 or A320 rows 2 and 3 use to have (8 ouy of 10) more leg room since they are use also as premium eco. Row 1 avoid if you are over 5.6ft your legs will not have room to strech.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
[QUOTE=Eastbay1K;27155990](2) Notwithstanding (1), expect that you will be asked if you can understand Portuguese y/o Español if seated in an exit row.

On LAN flights, Exit Row seating is for Spanish or ENGLISH speakers(NOT Portuguese). I've been seated in exit row next to Portuguese only speakers on a Lan flight (GRU-SCL) that were made to swap with Spanish speakers due to this. It is also stated on the website.

On Tam flights, it's Portuguese only.

I'm not sure how they will manage to specify this difference once all of the aircraft & crews are labelled Latam!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
On LAN flights, Exit Row seating is for Spanish or ENGLISH speakers(NOT Portuguese). I've been seated in exit row next to Portuguese only speakers on a Lan flight (GRU-SCL) that were made to swap with Spanish speakers due to this. It is also stated on the website.

On Tam flights, it's Portuguese only.

I'm not sure how they will manage to specify this difference once all of the aircraft & crews are labelled Latam!
The first part surprises me, in that some LAN crew aren't exactly proficient in English, and the inability to properly communicate with the crew would be a problem.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Having read all the above comments we have booked 2C and 2D for all flights.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The first part surprises me, in that some LAN crew aren't exactly proficient in English, and the inability to properly communicate with the crew would be a problem.
It is pretty weird. But I speak English & Portuguese & 2 guys in the exit row with me spoke only Portuguese. They were made to move because they couldn't speak Spanish or English & I was allowed to stay even though I don't speak Spanish.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
It is pretty weird. But I speak English & Portuguese & 2 guys in the exit row with me spoke only Portuguese. They were made to move because they couldn't speak Spanish or English & I was allowed to stay even though I don't speak Spanish.
Oh, they probably spoke Brazilian, and we all know that while it looks like Portuguese, it certainly doesn't sound like it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.