Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Seat reservation and booking class - LAN Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold

Question for you LATAM experts - I've searched and can't find any thread that's clearly on point for this question, and the LAN/LATAM website is also not helpful. I'd like to maximize our chances of booking decent seats on an all-Y domestic LAN Chile flight. When trying to book a flight (rt SCL-PUQ-SCL) it shows four booking classes: Base, Access, Control, and Flex. The pop-up windows show differences for the fare classes with regard to refunds, changes, and mileage accruals. They are silent on any differences for reserving a seat in advance.

Are there any differences between the classes for reserving a seat in advance? If so, what are they? This seems like really basic information that most travelers would like to know when deciding which fare class to book but LAN Chile is keeping it secret!

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
I think it was about 2 month ago you can reserve your seats at any fare. Before it was not posible on Base.

If you have some status on Oneworld you can take the first rows or emergency exits for free. If you dont, a pop up will say that you will need to pay from 3 to 15 usd at the check in.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Got it; thank you Pabloco! Elsewhere on the LATAM site it gives the price to reserve seats on LAN Chile without making a distinction of the booking class. I just couldn't believe that the cheapest booking class allowed seat reservations same as the most expensive.

No status on OneWorld, just *A, but very happy to pay for a seat since no *A options in Chile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.