Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Should I gamble.... Tight connection in LIM...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold Hilton Diamond

Hi All...

So I have already booked an award flight LAX-LIM on LAN 2605 in business (30k AA award) that lands in LIM at 12:40 AM. I was planning on heading to CUZ on one of the many early morning flight, however got to looking around and if I can make the LIM-SCL (LAN 635) 01:45 AM flight I could make it all the way out to Easter Island (IPC) and save a whole day to use elsewhere in my vacation. This appears "bookable" on LAN so people must do it. When I land in LIM do I stay in an international terminal so I don't have to clear customs.

Thought? Experiences? Has anyone done this...

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Todd Holmes
Hi All...

So I have already booked an award flight LAX-LIM on LAN 2605 in business (30k AA award) that lands in LIM at 12:40 AM. I was planning on heading to CUZ on one of the many early morning flight, however got to looking around and if I can make the LIM-SCL (LAN 635) 01:45 AM flight I could make it all the way out to Easter Island (IPC) and save a whole day to use elsewhere in my vacation. This appears "bookable" on LAN so people must do it. When I land in LIM do I stay in an international terminal so I don't have to clear customs.

Thought? Experiences? Has anyone done this...

Thanks in advance.
We've moved your thread over to the LATAM forum, where the experts on all things LAN reside. They'll be able to assist further.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Last edited by jackal; Aug 16, 2016 at 5:56 pm
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
It is completely doable, but I wouldn't want it on three tickets.

LIM at that hour is a zoo, but if you are on time, transit security still shouldn't take more than 30 minutes until you're back up in the departure area. LA will tag your bag through to SCL, but if you're late for any reason, you're screwed. Late can include a remote gate stand and waiting for a bus, or any other reason you're not on the SCL flight in time.

Throwing IPC on yet a third ticket in the mix is a recipe for something not going right somewhere along the way. On the same ticket, I'd do it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are you trying to do this on two or three tickets? Anything more than one ticket is a recipe for disaster waiting to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.