LATAM PNR

Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
LATAM PNR

Calling again on your wisdom!

My LATAM PNR does not work to find my booking on checkmytrip. Are they using sabre instead of Amadeus?

Any way to find the PNR that works?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: LANPASS
Good question

LAN uses Sabre, TAM still uses Amadeus. Most likely, and regardless of your flight number, if you booked on lan.com/latam.com your PNR is a Sabre PNR (all six characters are letters). Try Tripcase and it should work

If you booked on tam.com, your PNR is an Amadeus PNR and Checkmytrip should work. Amadeus PNRs are alphanumeric

If you booked elsewhere, it'll depend on what your travel agent, issuing airline, etc, uses as GDS.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
I called them and asked for the Iberia PNR (also on the same ticket) and now I can access it through Amadeus. Thank you!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Latampass Black
"if you booked on lan.com/latam.com your PNR is a Sabre PNR" - This isn't quite true.

If you book on Latam.com with the country indicator set to Brasil, you will get a Tam issued Amadeus PNR. eg. The last Latam ticket I booked was on the 2nd June & the PNR is 7XXXO4.

The worst thing about this is that if you need to speak to a call centre & get Latam staff located outside of Brasil, they can't call up the PNR that their own website issued! So make sure you keep you e-ticket number handy as depending on where you book, where you fly & where you call, it may be the only thing that allows the call centre staff to access your booking.

Last edited by FairDinkumMate; Jun 28, 2016 at 5:17 pm Reason: Hide PNR
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
"if you booked on lan.com/latam.com your PNR is a Sabre PNR" - This isn't quite true.

If you book on Latam.com with the country indicator set to Brasil, you will get a Tam issued Amadeus PNR. eg. The last Latam ticket I booked was on the 2nd June & the PNR is 7HEPO4.
You're right... I always leave something out of my rules of thumb

Oh and BTW never ever post your PNR's online. Even if most of the time they are useless without some other piece of information, like your last name, a little bit of social engineering or eventually a latam employee who dislikes your comment is all it takes to put a dent in your travel plans.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:59 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Do I remember correctly that LATAM will fully move to Sabre some time in 2017?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:25 am

That's the plan, to move Latam Brasil(Tam) back to Sabre(they only moved to Amadeus a few years ago!).

But looking at the disaster that has been the IT department's integration of the websites, I wouldn't hold your breath for 2017. The websites still aren't finished, with many functions inoperable. Accessing the Latam website from Brazil you notice it still regularly drops back into the old Tam website(although with Latam branding).
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:05 am

I have a LATAM PNR (all 6 letters) - I'd like to get my Alphanumeric PNR so I can add my QR Gold FF to it. Any thoughts on how I can go about doing this?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:21 pm

You should be able to access that booking via the Latam website with Australia set as the country & add your Qantas FF number there.

Otherwise, you could call Latam in Australia (1800 126 038) & have them add it.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: UA*S, CX*S, CI*G
BTW, is it possible for me to have a amadeus code for a ticket booked on latan.com with the Sabre code?
I would like to change my FFP but finnair.com only accept amadeus code.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I have found a way to pull up Latam reservations in Sabre. Perhaps someone will find it useful. In the past it was possible to look them up on https://www.virtuallythere.com. This website now gives the following message instead, "Your trip details are waiting for you in TripCase." However, there is a way to still access it via http://www.etihad.com/en/

Go to "manage my booking," add the Latam PNR and "choose/print itinerary". In this way you can also pull the corresponding electronic ticket. It also works for AA reservations. This website http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-seats-online/ instructs how to select seats via Etihad, but this method doesn't seem to be working any more, at least not for my reservations.
10Forward likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I bought LATAM flights and did the Etihad trick and got my amadeus PNR now, but cannot pull it up on finnair.com where I have my FFP.
I wanted to have my AY+ emerald status on the booking but can't see how to do it. Any advice?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
I bought LATAM flights and did the Etihad trick and got my amadeus PNR now, but cannot pull it up on finnair.com where I have my FFP.
I wanted to have my AY+ emerald status on the booking but can't see how to do it. Any advice?
Bump.

I get "The connection to the booking system is broken. Please try again later. (9102)" when trying to add my OW Emerald number to a LATAM booking via Finnair...

The LATAM website won't let me add a ffp either...
Old May 1, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Bump.

I get "The connection to the booking system is broken. Please try again later. (9102)" when trying to add my OW Emerald number to a LATAM booking via Finnair...

The LATAM website won't let me add a ffp either...
You'll need to call them. Then for some reason the call centre can't select the emerald seats, but they will be available online via the website. But only if your browser can render Flash, because it's still 2009.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
There seems to be a lag with the LATAM computer systems. They do recognise my OWE number, but only after a day. So when I make my booking, the 'preferred' seats are blocked, but after completing the booking, when I access it through MMB a few hours later, all those seats will suddenly be select-able.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.