Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
I don't know why people keep saying that Pacific Club is a crappy lounge, i found it pretty decent! crowed sometimes, but still an (little bit below) average VIP. Crappy lounges are the Avianca Sala VIP, The Lounge or any Admiral Club.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
I don't know why people keep saying that Pacific Club is a crappy lounge, i found it pretty decent! crowed sometimes, but still an (little bit below) average VIP. Crappy lounges are the Avianca Sala VIP, The Lounge or any Admiral Club.
Are you referring to the International-side Pacific Club? Or both of them?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Are you referring to the International-side Pacific Club? Or both of them?
both, they are basically the same.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I flew to IPC in March and its a bit of a strange one.

As others have posted, its domestic so you go to the right (as you are facing check in) for security/domestic flights and when you get to your gate, if you are there prior to 40mins before hand, the glass doors just before the gates will not open. You can see the gate, you can see others on that side of the gate but you cant get to it.

Instead, you sit in a nearby waiting area with a small coffee cafe, looking at the glass door, wondering how/if you will make your flight.

Slowly, you are joined by others holding similar boarding passes, so you tell yourself that if you are in the wrong place/will miss your flight then you are not alone.

Approx 40mins prior, the glass doors suddenly will open and you can finally access your departure gate.

In the meantime, anyone that arrived via international/managed to get in to the LAN lounge are no longer able to access your gate because the glass doors on the international side are now locked. So they have to exit the international side, go back through security via the domestic side and join you.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Osmo
I flew to IPC in March and its a bit of a strange one.

As others have posted, its domestic so you go to the right (as you are facing check in) for security/domestic flights and when you get to your gate, if you are there prior to 40mins before hand, the glass doors just before the gates will not open. You can see the gate, you can see others on that side of the gate but you cant get to it.

Instead, you sit in a nearby waiting area with a small coffee cafe, looking at the glass door, wondering how/if you will make your flight.

Slowly, you are joined by others holding similar boarding passes, so you tell yourself that if you are in the wrong place/will miss your flight then you are not alone.

Approx 40mins prior, the glass doors suddenly will open and you can finally access your departure gate.

In the meantime, anyone that arrived via international/managed to get in to the LAN lounge are no longer able to access your gate because the glass doors on the international side are now locked. So they have to exit the international side, go back through security via the domestic side and join you.
The 'int'l side' is flexible - they can open up/shut off quite a few gates in the mid section to expand either side as necessary. I expect that the IPC plane comes from an international destination and this way, does not need to move gates.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just flew to IPC yesterday and can confirm that is indeed the case:
- There is no lounge access for domestic. Confusingly the preferente check-in will tell you that there is a lounge in domestic (which is true, Pacific Club) but that does not mean you can access it for free lol. No food vouchers either, so you're on your own.

- The Int'l side is flexible and our 787 departed from gate 21, which won't open until about 40 minutes prior.

- J was overbooked and there were bumping people to economy for various amounts of compensation depending whether you were booked in J/C (400 US$ voucher), D (300 US$ voucher) or I (200 US$ voucher) and half of that in cash.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:59 am
Tic

Programs: LATAM Pass
I went to Easter Island in April this year and I can confirm that the doors to gate 21 are closed until 40min before the flight.

What is interesting I received an upgrade during my flight back to Santiago. I was already seating in economy class and I was told by a crew member that there is a free seat in business class. Before the flight I was told that there is no upgrade available. Nice surprise

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.