Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the new LAN Salon VIP EZE

Greetings from the new LAN Salon VIP EZE

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Its going to be interesting to see what LAN does with AA pax because it appears that the difference between this new lounge and the Admirals Club is probably going to be quite relevant/evident.........
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Its going to be interesting to see what LAN does with AA pax because it appears that the difference between this new lounge and the Admirals Club is probably going to be quite relevant/evident.........
Except that the average traveler doesn't really think about these things and will go to the AC without even considering there may be other options. Those of us who do think and care about these things are a definite minority.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Time will tell, because AA is currently in a temporary space. Besides, having seen and heard many an AA pax @ EZE, many of them would be more content in a familiar unrefined setting, with unlimited chips and fruit cocktail, and Fox News blaring from the screen.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:04 pm

"...a familiar unrefined setting, with unlimited chips and fruit cocktail, and Fox News blaring from the screen."

You can definitely count me OUT of that crowd. The staff was always friendly in the AC and it was better than being out in the terminal. My compliments end right there; I will not be sad to never see it again!

Can't wait to experience the new lounge. I'll be there soon!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlashba
The staff was always friendly in the AC and it was better than being out in the terminal.
Yes - almost always a warm greeting.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
"...a familiar unrefined setting, with unlimited chips and fruit cocktail, and Fox News blaring from the screen."

You can definitely count me OUT of that crowd. The staff was always friendly in the AC and it was better than being out in the terminal.
Happy to confirm friendly AC staff at EZE, also my experience. Relevant set for me had been - before this positive LAN surprise - either Iberia or AC. AC won that hands down...

Is Fox News a recent addition at the EZE club?
;-)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Another good thing: LAN does not only fail to communicate LANPASS devaluations and bad news for their FQTVs. They also fail to communicate any improvement.

Hope they start to value their frequent fliers a little more.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:49 pm

The new LAN salon has finally been added to the One World web site but curiously still NOT to the LAN web site. Why would they not want to announce this???
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:56 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
The new LAN salon has finally been added to the One World web site but curiously still NOT to the LAN web site. Why would they not want to announce this???
The LAN website is like a very old turtle or something (moves along very slowly)
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
I can confirm that this new lounge is for real and is as shockingly nice as described by the OP. On Jan 15th I spent some time in the lounge before my EZE-MIA day flight in J on AA. I was welcomed into the lounge as an AA EXP with no issues. The lounge offers a selection of beers (including Antares, an Argentine microbrew), Evian, even Freddo Ice Cream in individual containers. There were perhaps 6-9 iMac computers for public use in the lounge. I was very impressed and will not be frequenting the AAdmirals club, Amex Lounge, or Club Americas Priority Pass lounge again in the near future. I have a TAM J flight coming up to GIG and I hope they will let me in!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rock Harders
I have a TAM J flight coming up to GIG and I hope they will let me in!
I'm sure they will, and that it will be the "lounge of choice" because LAN won't have to pay for *A lounge use (which is probably a similarly-nice brand new lounge, right across from the LAN lounge). I seem to recall the TAM logo on the sign outside the door.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Laugh of the Day. Or more like ¨los argentinos no entienden mucho?¨

I am in the Salon VIP for my second visit (and the first afternoon visit, where spirits are out). The bottles of pisco have house-made Avery-type labels over where it says Pisco, and it says AGUA ARDIENTE.

The wine selection is a subset of what one finds onboard. The snack selection isn´t as complete as SCL, but it is far better than anything else I have ever had in an EZE salon VIP.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Tampoco. Sounds like this lounge has become your home away from home.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:26 pm

I concur that this lounge (and the new terminal which houses it) is such a quantum leap forward from the old one that once you enter it you have officially exited Argentina.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Dear Anyone Who Is Passing Through This Lounge - can you please ask what their hours will be (now that LAN is going to have widebody service out of EZE at 4am, eff. April)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.