Wiki Posts
Search

Beware Long Connections at EZE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Beware Long Connections at EZE

Here's a tip for anyone with a long connection through EZE. Watch out, you're going to get stuck with your bags!

I just flew SEA-LAX-LIM-EZE-USH, a fairly grueling three day journey. I overnighted last night at EZE (didn't make sense to pay $300 for a hotel and roundtrip taxi for a few hours in a room). However, this wasn't exactly what I planned.

When you arrive at EZE, even if your bags were checked through to their final destination, you have to clear them through Customs. Then, you can only check in your bags for your connecting leg beginning 2 hours prior to departure. There are no lockers at the airport and there is nowhere else to store your bags! This meant I was stuck with over 100 pounds of gear bound for Antarctica, so (obviously) I couldn't go into town for a nice steak dinner as originally planned. Instead, I was stuck in the airport overnight.

Just FYI in case you plan to connect through EZE. Unless you have somewhere to drop your bags, you'll be stuck with them!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Thanks for the advice - but isn't that pretty standard practice worldwide when you arrive on an international flight, and connect to a domestic one - you have to go through customs with your bags.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It depends. Normally if your bags are checked through and tagged to your final destination, there's a bag recheck counter just after customs. You leave the bag there and don't need to take it to the check-in counter for your next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.