Wiki Posts
Search

LAN - TAM Transfer MILES

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: all
LAN - TAM Transfer MILES

I seemed to have read somewhere that you can transfer points between TAM and LAN now same way BA does with Iberia and British Midland. However when I go to the sites it does not have any such option. Does anyone else know anything about this
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:29 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have not heard anything about that. But logically why would they let you? You can book TAM flights with LANPASS kms can't you? And I cannot see LAN wanting you to transfer to TAM to try and book *A flights via a programme that barely seems to still be in *A
Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Nope.

From a recent LAN release:

¿Podré sumar KMS. LANPASS y puntos TAM Fidelidade – Multiplus para calificar a una categoría superior en uno de los dos programas?

Por el momento, no será posible sumar ni transferir KMS. LANPASS o puntos TAM Fidelidade – Multiplus de una cuenta a otra. Tampoco será posible acumular en más de 1 programa por vuelo. Cada programa opera de manera paralela.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:04 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yeah what he said!

Top answer Bingo
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks guess you are right. This is what the LAN site says now

Account Balance
I am a member of both LANPASS and TAM Fidelidade programs. Will I be able to add up my LANPASS KMS with my TAM Fidelidade – Multiplus Points in one single account?

No, for the time being, TAM Fidelidade – Multiplus Points or LANPASS KMS cannot be added to or transferred from one account to another, nor will it be possible to earn in more than one program per flight, as each program will operate parallel.
Alliances

Will I be able to redeem LANPASS KMS for rewards on Star Alliance flights?

No. While the Alliance decision has not been done you can only redeem your LANPASS KMS in oneworld alliance.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

BTW has anyone redeemed LAN points on TAM. Process does not seem simple. I have a bunch of LAN miles that I got from the Starwood Transfer to LAN and would like to redeem them on TAM
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Di, AA Plat, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by pantanal
BTW has anyone redeemed LAN points on TAM. Process does not seem simple. I have a bunch of LAN miles that I got from the Starwood Transfer to LAN and would like to redeem them on TAM
Pantanal did you ever have any luck here? Same issue for me.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:37 am
Original Poster

nope..given up on these miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.