Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

How on earth do you contact LANPass by phone?

Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA IHG

I have a LANPass booking that I want to cancel because of a >2hr time change. I dont want to fill out the webform, because I want to avoid the cancellation fee due to the time change.

I've been trying to get hold of LANPass for the last week, but when I call the contact number from either the UK or US and select the LANPass option, I just get a series of telephone menus without any option to speak to a human.

I did try the general LAN changes/cancellation number, but that agent said I must speak to LANPass. How??
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Yes you have run into a BIG shortcoming that most have us have suffered. After #5 LanPass, if the list doesn't include what you really want to do (even talk a human - never an option) then = frustration. Not logically, you have to pick the number to get a ticket (#5 LanPass then #3).

They once double-charged me the taxes on award tix - can you imagine the difficulty selecting the option for correcting that

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Feb 26, 2013 at 3:32 pm
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:50 pm

Does it work to call in and select reservations (i.e. you're going to book a ticket) and then when connected to a real human asked to be transferred to the appropriate department? Seems like companies are motivated to have humans handle potential sales.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by syzygy
Does it work to call in and select reservations (i.e. you're going to book a ticket) and then when connected to a real human asked to be transferred to the appropriate department? Seems like companies are motivated to have humans handle potential sales.
I have a similar problem. I asked the agent to connect me to LANPASS and she said she did not have that capabilitly. Looks like LANPASS has themselves barricaded for some reason.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:26 pm

OK, here goes.

For USA toll free number dial I-FLY-LAN (1-866-435-9526) available 24/7

Option 1: for flight arrival and departure information (automated)
Option 2: purchase a ticket (will connect you to an agent)
Option 3: help with lan.com (will connect you to an agent but for lan.com help only, they will need to transfer you another number for ticket purchase or ticket changes)
Option 4: changes or additional services to existing booking (will connect you to an agent i.e. LAN tix changes or seat selection)
Option 5: for LanPass
Option 6: for LAN vacations

so selecting Option 5: LanPass
(LANPASS desk is open from Mondays to Fridays, from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm (Local time) otherwise you get bad results from #5.)

if member press 1 and it will ask for your lanpass number
if not a member press 2 and it will hang up on you because in the perverse world of LAN think if you are not a member why would you want to speak with LanPass?

Enter your LanPass number xxxxxxxxxx then
Option 1: for your account statement (automated)
Option 2: secret password (will eventually get you to a person)
Option 3: redeem for a flight (will eventually get you to a person – use this for most everything lanpass)
Option 4: credit missing kms (will connect to a person who will ask you for tix information and copies of boarding passes)

So selecting Option 3: redeem kms for a flight (and other lanpass stuff)
it will say press 9 for main menu or stay on the line for an agent, then it will click, then “our agents are currently engaged”, cue the music.

It will queue you up to speak with an agent, in the meantime enjoy the blurry music.

If you are Premium Silver or Comodoro elite status it will recognize you and route you to the elite helpdesk and they likely will very quickly answer (2-3 minutes) and welcome you by name. Elite members will get offered an addional option, so:

Option 1: for your account statement (automated)
Option 2: secret password (will eventually get you to a person)
Option 3: redeem for a flight (will eventually get you to a person – use this for most everything lanpass)
Option 4: upgrade request with coupons
Option 5: credit missing kms (connects to a person who will blame everyone but LAN and ask for tix numbers, scanned boarding passes etc)

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Feb 26, 2013 at 8:25 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by nor4
I have a similar problem. I asked the agent to connect me to LANPASS and she said she did not have that capabilitly. Looks like LANPASS has themselves barricaded for some reason.
So if you are not a LANPASS member you cannot talk to the LANPASS folks? That is my situation. But I am an AA EXP, so a OW Emerald.

I was trying to reach them because one of the phone agents (who couldn't connect me from her phone) suggested I call LANPASS to see if I could get a seat assigned before the 48 hour limit or if I could get a "better" seat whenever I get the seat.

Two agents seemed to think I could get the LANPASS folks from the main number even though I'm not a member. I guess they were misinformed.

Any reason for me to call again, or is there an alternate route. I was given an email address which I'll try, but I have little hope of that being effective.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
"How on earth do you contact LANPass by phone?"

Well --- it's kind of like that old joke:

"How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

"Practice."
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by nor4
So if you are not a LANPASS member you cannot talk to the LANPASS folks? That is my situation. But I am an AA EXP, so a OW Emerald.

I was trying to reach them because one of the phone agents (who couldn't connect me from her phone) suggested I call LANPASS to see if I could get a seat assigned before the 48 hour limit or if I could get a "better" seat whenever I get the seat.

Two agents seemed to think I could get the LANPASS folks from the main number even though I'm not a member. I guess they were misinformed.

Any reason for me to call again, or is there an alternate route. I was given an email address which I'll try, but I have little hope of that being effective.
If it not a LanPass award tix, no need to call LanPass, they sent you on a wild goose chase.

Call Lan and select Option 4: changes or additional services to existing booking. The additional service you want for your existing ticket is requesting seat selection.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba
"How on earth do you contact LANPass by phone?"

Well --- it's kind of like that old joke:

"How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

"Practice."
^ So given the practice you and I have had, are we ready for LAN Carnegie?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Option 3: redeem for a flight (will eventually get you to a person use this for most everything lanpass)
Thanks, that worked for me. Finally managed to get an agent who was quite helpful, and the call was answered pretty much immediately (and I have no status).
I never would have tried option 3 myself, so thanks for that tip.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
^ So given the practice you and I have had, are we ready for LAN Carnegie?
HAHA! I don't want to jinx it! But it does take persistence, patience and a delicate touch.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The problem with the OP and the analysis thereon is the question itself, ie., How on earth do you contact LANPass by phone?

This presupposes (1) the contact will be on earth, and (2) LANPass has phones. Once a foundation can be built to support both, then the question is more properly asked as such.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.