Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Argentine Government kicking LAN out of AEP for regional flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

Stay tuned. Of course, with 11 days' notice. I can't find an English link.

http://www.lagaceta.com.ar/nota/4704...eroparque.html

If you have an int'l flight in/out of Argentina on LAN (unless maybe there is some judicial intervention?), expect it will be to EZE on or after 1 Jan. They are probably shuffling around aircraft, crew, landing slots, etc., so I'd expect it will be some time before flights out in the distance show the new info.

I hope it doesn't happen, but Argentina has been pushing enough buttons that Argentina could end up being the big hole in South America without a domestic LAN presence.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Maybe this will mean a J option to GRU (and more than one J option a day to SCL) just like there always was until before LAN regional flights to AEP. If so, I'm all for it!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:42 pm

This only applies to 4M, not LA. Knowing LAN like we do, The normal passenger will never notice anything
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
L4 accuses Argentine government of discrimination:

http://www.emol.com/noticias/economi...eroparque.html
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd like to see it change the other way round so to speak: Move LAN Argentina domestic flights (at least one a day) to EZE. That would relieve congestion at AEP even more, and make for much better longhaul to intra-Argentina flight connections.

It's so annoying that on LAN you have to transfer EZE-AEP once you enter the country and vice versa when leaving (if not staying [over] in Buenos Aires). For example, Aerolineas Argentinas (via subsidiary Austral) has one flight to IGR a day from EZE, timed it looks to mesh with their international flights at EZE, but LAN / LAN Argentina has nothing of the sort.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
This has now been confirmed by ANAC - it has denied the appeal by LAN Argentina. As noted here, LAN Airlines flights to Santiago and Sao Paulo continue at AEP.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
So it just happened. Our GRU-AEP flights changed to GRU-EZE.

Same flight numbers and same flight times. In fact u had to look pretty carefully to see the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.