Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:20 pm
kpc
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Lima lounges

As far as i can gather, there are 3 lounges at Lima.

2 in international departures:
1) SUMAQ VIP Lounge
2) VIP Club Lounge & Business Center

1 in domestic departures:
Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge
http://nlg.aero/en/viploungesvc.html

We are travelling Lan in Y class. I gather you can access all the above lounges with Priority Pass. We have both domestic and international flights ex Lima. As my partner does not have a Priority Pass, I was wondering which of the 3 lounges I can access with one guest as a One World Emerald? If i can access both, which is better, SUMAQ VIP Lounge or VIP Club Lounge & Business Center?

We also both have Diners Club cards so I think we can also access the VIP Club Lounge & Business Center on this basis.

It seems we can only access the domestic Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge via Priority pass so I'll have to pay for my partner. Is that right?

Advice appreciated.

Last edited by kpc; Jan 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:06 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sumaq is the one you can access as a LAN passenger with status and you can take a guest on the same flight.

Sumaq or VIP Club depends on your preferences, the consensus seems to be that Sumaq is nicer but busier at peak hours

Sumaq has a smoking patio outside, VIP Club kinda has a smoking patio inside. Sumaq has nicer furnishings and a nicer bar area. VIP Club is all sort of white with a tiled floor. Both have exactly the same nibbles. VIP Club has massage chairs.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:40 pm
kpc
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Thanks for that. Looks like we can get into either 1) SUMAQ VIP Lounge with my OWE status or 2) VIP Club Lounge & Business Center with our Diners Club cards.

Anyone know about access to the domestic lounge (Espigón Nacional VIP Lounge) apart from using Priority Pass?

Last edited by kpc; Jan 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (LT Platinum), Hyatt Globalist, iPrefer Elite
We are flying into LIM on LAN in business, and connecting to a flight to Cusco (in economy; don't think there is business on those flights). Will we be allowed to use the lounge in the domestic terminal since we arrived on a Business class flight, or will we be denied since our ongoing, domestic flight is in economy?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
The VIP Caral Lounge is the only lounge on the domestic side. It is a Priority Pass lounge. Access can be also bought at $25. Small, comfy, quiet, with shower. Open 24/7. Located beside H Stern after security.
There is no LAN lounge.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Jan 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm Reason: clarify location
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Flying in premium business on LAN from GYE to EZE tomorrow with a long layover in LIM.

Two questions for you LAN experts:

1) Can we use one of the lounges in LIM free of charge since we're traveling in premium business for both legs?

2) Will we have to claim our bags in Lima, go through customs, etc. and then check back in and go through security again?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
1) Can we use one of the lounges in LIM free of charge since we're traveling in premium business for both legs?

Sipo

2) Will we have to claim our bags in Lima, go through customs, etc. and then check back in and go through security again?

Nopo... well, you do have to go through transit security, quick and painless
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Sipo
I have the same question but don't get the answer.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:17 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I have the same question but don't get the answer.
That's a yes (in chileno... come on Eastbay, we are talking about Lima lounges here )
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
1)
Sipo

Nopo
Translation from Chilean slang.

Sipo=Si=Yes
Nopo=No=No

Andrea beat me to it by two minutes.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by andreadbc
That's a yes (in chileno... come on Eastbay, we are talking about Lima lounges here )
Yes, but we are talking about LAN, and you know, the puppet masters live (most likely) in La Dehesa

ps - I probably wouldn't have just given a sipo reply if I hadn't also given a nopo reply in the same answer (making it what I thought would be obvious).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: No preference
I didn't want to assume the meaning
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Sipo
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Speaking of Lima, what is the best option for food inside the international departures area? I have a 6 hour layover next week and don't think the lounges will do it food wise. Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
I like 4 D on the left at the top of the escalator. Good ice cream and the 4D special sandwich is nice. Get a window seat and you can watch the passengers waiting in the LAN check in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.