Lima lounges

Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver, SPG Gold Prefered Guest, Mahalo Rewards
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Did you get that at check-in? I forgot about that... wonder if there's a LATAM help desk post-security?
I checked-in in Arequipa and didn't get the voucher. I went to the premium check-in counter and asked there.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
What about Premium Economy with UPG? they'll get a voucher and wifi as well? i'm flying out of LIM soon
Since Premium Econ normally allows for lounge access I would imagine that yes, you would get the voucher and WiFi as well.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by zpaul
Since Premium Econ normally allows for lounge access I would imagine that yes, you would get the voucher and WiFi as well.
you were right! got an UPG to Premium Economy and a usd$20 voucher and a wifi pass for 2 hours.

So, July 1st, no lounge access yet.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
As of 7/12/2017 still no lounge access, got two US$ 20 vouchers for me and companion, and a 2-hour premium wifi password at check-in.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm assuming there's no update.

Also, what / where can one use the voucher? As I can still get into the lounge via Priority Pass, I'd be likely to grab a few snacks from one of the vendors to bring with me.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just went through LIM - twice in the last week. You should also consider how crowded it might be depending on time of day. At the beginning of the trip, we arrived in the morning and it was calm. We ended up walking through the terminal and eating at one of the restaurants to kill some time. On the way home last night, it was the hectic late evening bank of connecting flights and I noticed a line of people at both lounges trying to get in. Probably not good value for your money at that point in the day if you have to pay.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:28 pm

Yeah.
The same happened to me now. I'm flying LIM-JFK with Latam no lounge access.
Voucher 20$ relaeased downstairs at the connection desk after security.
I'm Emerald one world.
No ideal situation but better than nothing.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Just went through LIM - twice in the last week. You should also consider how crowded it might be depending on time of day. At the beginning of the trip, we arrived in the morning and it was calm. We ended up walking through the terminal and eating at one of the restaurants to kill some time. On the way home last night, it was the hectic late evening bank of connecting flights and I noticed a line of people at both lounges trying to get in. Probably not good value for your money at that point in the day if you have to pay.
I'm more familiar with these lounges than you'd ever care to be. However, this will be the first time when it wasn't part of a J ticket. As I'll still want to take a shower on my connection on the outbound, I'll whip out the PP (that just sounds so wrong!)
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
We all agree that NOT having (free) access to the Sumaq lounge is something that you can get over.

However, what I find underwhelming, is how nonchalantly Latam treats the fact that there is no lounge facilities at one of their top 3 hubs.

I was at LIM yesterday in the late afternoon (busy, but not overcrowded) and when I challenged the CI agent on the subject, he just shrugged and said that they didn't know, how long this situation would persist.

In any case, you are now getting a pre check-in note via email which - together with other travel information and hence kind of elegantly hidden - explains the lounge situation ("TEMPORARILY suspended" - it's been only four months now...) in case that you were to show up early for your flight with the intention to indulge into litres of freshly squeezed orange juice or curly olive spread sandwiches...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'll whip out the PP (that just sounds so wrong!)
I've seen worse in those lounges...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zpaul
I've seen worse in those lounges...
I will refrain from any follow-up questions.
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bit of a disgrace

I have just checked in at Lima, asked if the lounge was open and was told it was. No further explanation or offer of a voucher. Well, of course the longe was open, but not for LATAM passengers! I only discovered this on being turned away at the Sumaq Lounge. (I had not read this thread)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londinense
I have just checked in at Lima, asked if the lounge was open and was told it was. No further explanation or offer of a voucher. Well, of course the longe was open, but not for LATAM passengers! I only discovered this on being turned away at the Sumaq Lounge. (I had not read this thread)
I suppose the "good news" for me is that I'll likely get a shower faster and have more choice of seating on my next trip (with Priority Pass).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent reports of offering y/o denial of a voucher at the connections desk?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by londinense
I suppose that we have to remember that this is LATAM, known the world over for its spectacular and exemplary passenger service on the ground (believe that and I'll sell you a ticket on Baltia Air).

I do think it's disgraceful that they told you the lounge was open, as though you have access to it, and didn't provide any type of voucher for airside services. There are regular reports here in Chile about the financial difficulties LATAM finds itself in after the LAN-TAM merger, but cutting back on the pax experience is not going to get them far. AV has big plans for the region, and while LATAM is firmly established for now, they can't rest on their (diminishing) laurels.

I've been lucky to avoid LIM entirely as a connecting airport, and this just makes me plan around it all the more.

Last edited by zpaul; Sep 26, 2017 at 3:31 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.