Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Well, yes, let's hope it's positive and LAN build their own lounge. They should really - and Sumaq was always way to busy, partly because of the size of Latam at Lima.
Fingers crossed. Going to be flying there in exactly a month. It's going to be my first business class trip ever ha.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:08 pm

Latam Agreement with Sumaq / VIP Lounge Operator Terminated

Just connected in LIM (30 April). Tried to check into Sumaq (by no means the nicest lounge in the world) and was told that the agreement with Latam (LAN / TAM) was canceled so... no access. Went back to Latam desk and was told that I could have a $20 F&B voucher and a password for 2 hours of internet (which didn't work). Was also informed that Latam is "negotiating" a new agreement, but beyond that no sense of timing. So, if you are departing on a Latam flight, check with the airline before heading to the lounge.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Going4Gold4Life
Just connected in LIM (30 April). Tried to check into Sumaq (by no means the nicest lounge in the world) and was told that the agreement with Latam (LAN / TAM) was canceled so... no access. Went back to Latam desk and was told that I could have a $20 F&B voucher and a password for 2 hours of internet (which didn't work). Was also informed that Latam is "negotiating" a new agreement, but beyond that no sense of timing. So, if you are departing on a Latam flight, check with the airline before heading to the lounge.
Had exactly the same experience travelling LPB-LIM-MIA on the 28th. No access at all when travelling LA. If you're on AA/BA then they have separate agreements with the airport lounge operator.

The two hour internet voucher did work for me, but to have no lounge access at a major oneworld hub is pretty disgraceful tbh.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:49 pm

Priority Pass entrance

I'll be transferring in Lima to a flight to Cusco (AA award on LATAM in J) and have a long layover. Wondering if they generally check ID or boarding pass with the priority pass at the lounges if there is no option from LATAM.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: LANPASS
If you are making an INT-DOM connection at LIM, You won't get access to any lounge. LATAM doesn't have lounges in the domestic airside (although there is, IIRC, a priority pass lounge)

Since the DOM segment is only in Y, you won't get lounge access for the domestic flight because of having flown the international segment in J anyways
Old May 8, 2017, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
If you are making an INT-DOM connection at LIM, You won't get access to any lounge. LATAM doesn't have lounges in the domestic airside (although there is, IIRC, a priority pass lounge)

Since the DOM segment is only in Y, you won't get lounge access for the domestic flight because of having flown the international segment in J anyways
Yes that is why I was thinking of using Priority Pass but I recently canceled my amex platinum. I am wondering if I used a family members Priority Pass if there is any chance it would work.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: LANPASS
As far as I recall, most -if not all- lounges will ask for the boarding pass and check to make sure it matches the name on the PP card.

That said, there's nothing to lose by trying. The worst thing that could happen is that they refuse to let you in. You aren't going to lounge jail
Plus, if they do refuse to let you in, you can always try to charm yourself in by saying what a mistake you made by taking your next of kin's card instead of your own when you left home in a rush to catch the first flight. I'd give that a shot
Old May 23, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Going4Gold4Life
Any update on this? Has the agreement been restored?
Old May 23, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by petey2428
Any update on this? Has the agreement been restored?
Their website still shows nothing for LIM.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: LANPASS Premium Silver, SPG Gold Prefered Guest, Mahalo Rewards
Just flew out of Lima on the 23rd, still no access to Sumaq. I did get the $20 voucher and the 2-hour internet code, which worked.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by alomme
Just flew out of Lima on the 23rd, still no access to Sumaq. I did get the $20 voucher and the 2-hour internet code, which worked.
Same deal on June 11.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by alomme
Did you get that at check-in? I forgot about that... wonder if there's a LATAM help desk post-security?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Did you get that at check-in? I forgot about that... wonder if there's a LATAM help desk post-security?
There is a help desk on the lower level just past transit security. You can access this (if you can find it) by going back downstairs, either via elevator or stairs. The new Duty Free shop configuration made it confusing.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There is a help desk on the lower level just past transit security. You can access this (if you can find it) by going back downstairs, either via elevator or stairs. The new Duty Free shop configuration made it confusing.
Yeah, found it
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
What about Premium Economy with UPG? they'll get a voucher and wifi as well? i'm flying out of LIM soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.