Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Another question about LIM lounges - is there a minimum age for the Sumaq lounge? And if so, is it enforced?
Confirmed. All ages, babies and up.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Confirmed. All ages, babies and up.
Thanks bingocallerb22. She'll be happy
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
dcstudent could probably just pay the TUAA (Departure Tax) just before he goes through security to reenter the International Departures. However it will cost $30 per person, making 4D a little more expensive than originally thought.
I've got two ~6 hour layovers next month in LIM and haven't decided if I should leave the airport yet. I'm assuming that the $30 per person is for each time you leave the airport, not just a one time payment that's good for a certain amount of time? I also have a two day stopover in between the two layovers so that payment should be included in the ticket, I think, and if I don't need to pay anything extra it would make my decision to exit the airport a lot easier. The lounges don't seem terribly interesting to me, but I should have access to all of them.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Aside from the Ramada hotel which contains an expensive, but above average restaurant within the compound walls of the airport property, there is nothing suitable for gringo or seasoned tourists in the immediate surrounding area of the Lima Airport.

If you have additional time, there is excellent food in Miraflores which is about 30 mins away by taxi.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:25 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
I'm not a gringa or a tourist, so if I were to go and have lunch outside the airport, I'd go to El Grifo (open Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. It's on Faucett 2121, very near the airport). I haven't been there, but I have been meaning to pay it a visit for some time now.

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I'm assuming that the $30 per person is for each time you leave the airport, not just a one time payment that's good for a certain amount of time?
It's the airport's departure fee (which you don't have to pay if you remain in transit). For departing passengers it's included in the ticket.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by andreadbc
I'm not a gringa or a tourist, so if I were to go and have lunch outside the airport, I'd go to El Grifo (open Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. It's on Faucett 2121, very near the airport). I haven't been there, but I have been meaning to pay it a visit for some time now.
Funny name for a restaurant. I would have gone there to fill up the car.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I would have gone there to fill up the car.
Relatively famous now. Known for their Lomo Saltado. They are opening another branch in Jockey Plaza this month.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:32 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by david_33
Known for their Lomo Saltado.
and their Fettuccini a la huancaína con lomo
and their Cheesecake de Toblerone
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Someone in Spain is missing their Peruvian cuisine....
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:17 pm

^
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:40 am
Ambassador, LATAM

I know, I know. I went to Tanta a couple of weeks ago and now I keep dreaming of cebiche.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:30 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I know, I know. I went to Tanta a couple of weeks ago and now I keep dreaming of cebiche.
I went to the Santiago location in Las Condes and I have to say now that I am back in North America- there is a lack of Peruvian cuisine!!

Gonna have to hit the Madrid location here and fuel up!!

It is too bad the catering in the LIM lounges is not representative of the cuisine of the country (at the same level)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:31 am

Price for Sumaq Lounge

Would anyone know whats the price for purchasing access to the SUMAQ lounge.

We are arriving in Lima at midnight from Easter Island and have a 5 AM departure to Arequipa so will have to spend the hours at the airport and am thinking of buying access to one of the lounges for the duration.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by shoonye
Would anyone know whats the price for purchasing access to the SUMAQ lounge.

We are arriving in Lima at midnight from Easter Island and have a 5 AM departure to Arequipa so will have to spend the hours at the airport and am thinking of buying access to one of the lounges for the duration.
The Sumaq is airside in international departures. Since you are going to ARQ you will have access to the VIP Caral lounge airside in domestic departures beside H Stern. Open 24/7, has showers, small but comfy. Cost $25 if you do not have Priority Pass.

Enjoy Arequipa, nice, I was just there and tried the Gaston Acurio restaurant there Chi Cha, nice too.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Apr 10, 2012 at 8:05 am
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:15 am

Thanks bingo...thats very helpful. I didn't think through that bit (that we would obviously transfer from the international to domestic terminal.....makes sense)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.