LAN boarding music?

Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
LAN boarding music?

hi,

does anyone know which music LAN is playing during boarding? is it a piece composed for LAN or some other tune?

thanks and happy holidays
CHris
Old Dec 24, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hmm, can hear the flutes in my head, but don't the name... me too, interested in knowing though
Old Dec 24, 2009, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'll get several plays in the next few weeks. I have no idea what it is. I'm sure the FAs have no idea, either. Perhaps LAN customer service? (HA) Maybe the guy who writes the envivodesdescl blog would know or could find out.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:28 pm

Well LAN did change the boarding video recently, to one that shows touristic places and their names in 3D like they were hollywood signs. There was a feature about it in the IN Magazine, but didn't take it home with me this month, so not really able to help. If someone has the magazine, it may have had more info about it.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The last time I flew LAN in October, the music played over and over on a continuous loop during boarding and drove me crazy. I was thinking of complaining as it was a far from restful experience!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
You can hear it when you get put on hold when phoning them.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:49 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Five minutes and three seconds of luggage stowing, seatbelt fastening pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9MM4dGe-g
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia

Reviving a very old thread because I listened to this music a few days ago; it brings back nice memories. I did some searching and it turns out that the name of the artist who was commissioned by LAN to compose it is Claudio Quinones. Is he a well-known artist in Chile? I don't think it's possible to buy an album with this music as it was composed just for LAN. It's a pity they don't play it any more.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: LANPASS
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia

Thank you SO MUCH for the fond memories... I loved that boarding music and miss it quite a bit. It was a great soothing music. Always departed with a smile
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:49 am

by the way, tried tagging on Soundhound and didn't get any close matches so up to now, I can't ascertain the name of the composer, the name of the tune or the name of the album where it is
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
Reviving a very old thread because I listened to this music a few days ago; it brings back nice memories. I did some searching and it turns out that the name of the artist who was commissioned by LAN to compose it is Claudio Quinones. Is he a well-known artist in Chile? I don't think it's possible to buy an album with this music as it was composed just for LAN. It's a pity they don't play it any more.
and sorry for the comment spamming haha
Claudio Quiñones is better known as a producer than as a composer in Chile (at least, to me the name is better related to having produced albums for somewhat known chilean artists in different genres rather than to his own music). Maybe someone else here could give us some background regarding is own music
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
and sorry for the comment spamming haha
Claudio Quiñones is better known as a producer than as a composer in Chile (at least, to me the name is better related to having produced albums for somewhat known chilean artists in different genres rather than to his own music). Maybe someone else here could give us some background regarding is own music
I was really fond of this boarding music, too. There are a few recordings of the music posted on youtube. In the comment section of one of them, someone mentioned email correspondence with LAN about the music. LAN wrote back to this person saying that Claudio Quiñones was the composer and it's not possible to buy the music because it was created specifically for LAN.

There is also another video coming from "LAN Boarding Music," an album released by the airline. According to the comments posted there, the CD was sold onboard for some time:

The part at the beginning of this piece is the same as LAN phonecall music.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.