Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN Refund

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
LAN Refund

How long does LAN take to process refunds?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by david870mdg
My experience with them on a full-fare no-penalty ticket has been very negative:

When requested a refund they insisted on charging an additional tax due to cost incurred on having issued the ticket and either their way or no way. Lots of e-mails to no avail with LAN.

Needed to dispute charge through credit card to get a full refund and no questions asked from credit card upon sending them the rules for that ticket and LAN e-mail confirmation stating no penalties.

No idea how long it took the credit card to finally get the refund from LAN.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
It took me a couple of months. However, Lan is much quicker than Avianca.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
In my experience, 2 - 3 months for a fully refundable ticket. Do ring them up to chase as the refunds tend to be overlooked.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 5:52 pm

On line they have a 24-Hour guarantee period, they've been fast refunding through that method. Maybe trying to refund in lan.com will get you a quicker refund.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
More than what you expect... But ultimately they'll process it. You'll need to follow up.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

I am not a member of LANPASS.
As fare as I've found I can't access the refund facility on LANs website.
Does this mean I have to go through Equador call centre and wait four months for a refund?

If I sign up for LANPASS and add that number to the existing booking, can I then do the online refund?

Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I am not a member of LANPASS.
As fare as I've found I can't access the refund facility on LANs website.
Does this mean I have to go through Equador call centre and wait four months for a refund?

If I sign up for LANPASS and add that number to the existing booking, can I then do the online refund?

Thanks.
No need to be a LANPASS member.

Simply inform ticket number + name

Lan refunds

Cheers
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks but that link isn't working won't let me click continue to process to the next page after i put in the e ticket number
Suggestions?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 2:40 am

In my recent experience, getting a refund was a nightmare. I had to call them numerous times and each time I called, the agent told me something different from the previous agent. On top of that, when I supplied the number they had given me, I was repeatedly told that there was no record of my refund request in the system. (And each call center used multiple numbering systems that did not always coincide with one another.) Finally, with a combination of emails and calls to LAN in Miami and Chile, I was able to get the refund. And I speak fluent Spanish!

Make sure you record the date and time of all phone calls, plus the first and last name of the person with whom you speak. Email is easier in this respect because you have everything in writing, however if they ignore your emails you will feel frustrated and powerless.

Forget the online system; just call them and ask them about your status.

I believe they say it takes up to 90 days for the amount to be credited to your account.

Every other airline manages to have a system for refunds that is semi-functional. LAN appears to have shoddy competing systems that undermine one another and ultimately cost the customer.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
30-45 working days

Here is a recent email giving a time of 30-45 working days for them to process refund:

"In response to your request, we are confirming that your booking has been canceled. You will receive the full refund of your purchase. However, since it was not requested within the day of the purchase, that process may take up to 30-45 working days due to business transaction protocols and will be affected by the Exchange Rate. Please, check your next bank statement."

Business transaction protocols... jejeje.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.