Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Luggage storage at/near LAS?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
For those prices, you could just bring your bag to any of the Strip hotels, tip the bellmen a couple of bucks and you're good to go. I've done that once or twice before.
I never thought of that. You could do that without checking into or out of the hotel? If that's the case why do a strip hotel. Why not South Point or another closrer to the airport?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by thebat
I never thought of that. You could do that without checking into or out of the hotel? If that's the case why do a strip hotel. Why not South Point or another closrer to the airport?
I've always done it at a Strip hotel because it's much easier to get lost in the shuffle. A place like NYNY where there are 3000+ rooms and a busy belldesk, it's easy to walk up from a certain direction and drop the bag off, and the bellmen won't notice you're not a guest. Not to mention, I tend to go to the Strip on trips like that and center myself around NYNY/MGM, so since that's where I'll be, it's easier for me to get my bag that way and head straight back to McCarran.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
They don't care if you're a guest. Just tell any bellhop in town that you are checking the bag because you're there to gamble; and tip a buck or two each way.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Great tip.

Originally Posted by mbstone
They don't care if you're a guest. Just tell any bellhop in town that you are checking the bag because you're there to gamble; and tip a buck or two each way.
That's really a great tip! Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
The hotel idea is okay, but these days a "decent" tip to dropp off and then pick up your bags at a bell closet is about $2 per bag. Add to that the annoyance of schlepping the bags to and from the hotel plus if you take a cab the driver will expect a somewhat higher tip if there are bags involved as well. If it were me I'd just use the locker and not have to worry about everything else.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Precisely - if I were leaving a bag at a hotel, I would be thinking a total of four tips (driver/bell desk out, bell desk/driver back) minimum.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
The hotel idea is okay, but these days a "decent" tip to dropp off and then pick up your bags at a bell closet is about $2 per bag. Add to that the annoyance of schlepping the bags to and from the hotel plus if you take a cab the driver will expect a somewhat higher tip if there are bags involved as well. If it were me I'd just use the locker and not have to worry about everything else.
I agree with this. If you're talking about carry-on bags alone, if you store them in the lockers, you have the added bonus of not having to take them through TSA security at LAS. I've had several occasions during MR's where I've stored my carry-on in a locker, left McCarran, took the bus into town for a couple hours, and come back. Always been a breeze.

Now if you have checked luggage that you have to retrieve at LAS, store, and re-check for your HNL trip, that's a different story; I don't know if they even have storage facilities in baggage claim or pre-security areas.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
LAS Luggage Storage?

Does anyone know if there’s still luggage storage available at LAS? I found an old thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-v...ggage-las.html) but the link within doesn’t work and the McCarran Airport website no longer lists any information about storage lockers.

Thanks,
Rob
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:51 pm

When in Vegas in October we tipped the bellboy at the flamingo and they were happy to store our 2 suitcases for 4 days while we flew up to utah for the weekend so we only had to take hand luggage,
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tifosi
Does anyone know if there’s still luggage storage available at LAS? I found an old thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-v...ggage-las.html) but the link within doesn’t work and the McCarran Airport website no longer lists any information about storage lockers.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob, this link might be handy. Las Vegas Luggage it's past security, so when looking at the airport interactive map click on the A gates in Terminal 1 and then it should give you a clearer picture.

Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by austgap
Rob, this link might be handy. Las Vegas Luggage it's past security, so when looking at the airport interactive map click on the A gates in Terminal 1 and then it should give you a clearer picture.

Perfect, thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Skymiles
Advice for luggage storage for layover

I'll be heading to LAS on a domestic and then switching to an international flight therefore there would be a change in terminals. I'll have an almost 10 hour layover and thought of leaving my luggage (two mid sized suitcases) somewhere and heading to the Strip for a bit of shopping, sightseeing and a meal. Any suggestions on where I could leave my luggage?

I know there are lockers at the airport but they all seemed to be past security which sort of defeats the purpose.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
You could take a taxi to any strip hotel and check the bags at the bell desk there. You don't need to be a guest and I wouldn't volunteer that you aren't; just tip a couple of dollars before/after drop off/pick up.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:20 am

The strip hotel idea is a good one. You could also use the services of this company:

http://bagstogo.net/faq.php

They charge $7/day per bag and are very close to the airport. Have the cabbie stop there coming and going.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Skymiles
Thanks Yahtzee and ibdsux for the suggestions. Will definite look into it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.