Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

Marriot or Oasis at Gold Spike? Which would you choose?

Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi there everyone, I already have a reservation at the Oasis, it can be cancelled of course, the thing is that after searching more hotels hoping to find a better deal I just saw that I could pay the same amount and stay at the Marriot.

But... I don't know which is my best option.

Could anyone tell me and expose the reasons why you'd choose one instead of the other.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: HH Silver
Lots of Marriotts in Vegas....??? Oasis is decent for what it is, a place to put your head, or to party all night. Don't expect any level of service at all, as the front desk is mostly absent, don't even answer the phone.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Lots of Marriotts in Vegas....???
I couldn't say which one, a friend of mine got me that deal and she has not answered now that I asked her for specifications.

Anyways, Oasis seemed such a good option in the pictures but now I've been searching for reviews and some people say it's noisy.

I guess I'll cancel my reservation
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by craftercool
I couldn't say which one, a friend of mine got me that deal and she has not answered now that I asked her for specifications.

Anyways, Oasis seemed such a good option in the pictures but now I've been searching for reviews and some people say it's noisy.

I guess I'll cancel my reservation
Weekdays are not very noisy at Oasis, but weekends definately are. For location, I would pick it over most of the Marriotts....
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by craftercool
Yeah, well, if you're out in Henderson or Summerlin, expect very expensive Uber rides (or rent a car).

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...states.travel/

I guess if you were at some of the ones over on Paradise you won't be TOO far away from the action, and if the price is right it will probably be a better deal than the Oasis at Gold Spoke, but the recommendation is pretty useless unless we know WHICH Marriott.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yeah, well, if you're out in Henderson or Summerlin, expect very expensive Uber rides (or rent a car).

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...states.travel/

I guess if you were at some of the ones over on Paradise you won't be TOO far away from the action, and if the price is right it will probably be a better deal than the Oasis at Gold Spoke, but the recommendation is pretty useless unless we know WHICH Marriott.
Since the OP did post: I just saw that I could pay the same amount and stay at the Marriot. and didnt say which Marriott property or brand should I stay at, I will assume that the OP was talking about the 1 Marriott Hotel that is in LV (a Marriott suites) rather then a Marriott property of any brand, but I can be wrong

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.