Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

new Bellagio toiletries

new Bellagio toiletries

Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
new Bellagio toiletries

This probably belongs in a least-substantive-things-to-complain-about thread, but I'm not a fan of this new stuff. It has a strong chemical smell, almost like Windex. bring back the lemony stuff!

Name:  bellagio.jpg
Views: 2711
Size:  264.7 KB
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Yes, they're awful. And no more body wash either - only bar soap.

Ironically, you can still buy the old Bellagio-branded toiletries in the gift shop.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, they're awful. And no more body wash either - only bar soap.
Just wanted to update my last post. Stayed at Bellagio recently and they do provide Lanovera body wash now, but as mentioned, the stuff smells pretty terrible so still recommend bringing toiletries.

As a side note, Bellagio hard product and service seems to have sunk to a new low - I'll add a note to the main Bellagio thread later.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Oh Oh!

Thanks for that!^
I have booked a 2 night stay at the Bellagio ( Mon-Wed) next week for my mother and I after flying in from the UK before going to PHX and Sedona ( booked a resort tower king room at $170 per night).

Hopefully it is not too bad.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Oh Oh!

Thanks for that!^
I have booked a 2 night stay at the Bellagio ( Mon-Wed) next week for my mother and I after flying in from the UK before going to PHX and Sedona ( booked a resort tower king room at $170 per night).

Hopefully it is not too bad.

Regards

TBS
To be fair, I think it's a good hotel for the price - just not "luxury" as they market themselves, and certainly not nearly as good as they were when they first opened.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gengar
To be fair, I think it's a good hotel for the price - just not "luxury" as they market themselves, and certainly not nearly as good as they were when they first opened.
Hi,

Thanks gengar.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:09 am

The value is bad at Bellagio. Crowded, outdated rooms... if you can, switch over to Aria.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:59 am

Crowd is definitely one thing.

I thought the rooms were alright, but the one time I was there couple of months ago I did get upgraded to a Bellagio Suite.

I think the big draw is the Fountain and obviously the prestige/brand.

Going back to Vegas next month and will be staying at Bellagio again.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: Good 2 night stay

Hi,

We had a 2 night stay here .

At check in my mother and I were given rooms on separate floors ( floors 8 and 20)

Our rooms were at the opposite ends of the spa Tower with 2 sets of windows ( my mothers room had a view of the pools and a side view towards the fountains and Paris. My room had a view towards the mountains and towards Aria ( I could see the cannopy for the tram station directly beneath us). The window controls closed the drapes/sheers for both windows together.
The Bed was comfortable but the base extended beyond the mattress so you had to be careful not to bash into the base.
Rooms looked well maintained and had bathrobes and slippers. The room was quiet and good a/c
I did not see that many extra toiletries apart from the ones shown in the picture ( ie no shower cap or cotton swabs etc as we got in the Wynn). My mom thought the toiletries were ok.

Bellagio does draw crowds for the Conservatory but it is nice and peaceful first thing in the morning where you can take your time and soak up the atmosphere in peace. The breakfast buffet was very good ( we did not try the dinner buffet as we went over to Paris to try it ( and waited 1 hour to get seated there) and minimal queues although it build up after 8am. The strip is very quiet at 8am! and being at centre strip the location is hard to beat.

Overall a very good stay

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 31, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:46 pm

Hi,

We had a 2 night stay here .

At check in my mother and I were given rooms on separate floors ( floors 8 and 20)

Our rooms were at the opposite ends of the spa Tower with 2 sets of windows ( my mothers room had a view of the pools and a side view towards the fountains and Paris. My room had a view towards the mountains and towards Aria ( I could see the cannopy for the tram station directly beneath us). The window controls closed the drapes/sheers for both windows together.
The Bed was comfortable but the base extended beyond the mattress so you had to be careful not to bash into the base.
Rooms looked well maintained.
I did not see that many extra toiletries apart from the ones shown in the picture ( ie no shower cap or cotton swabs etc as we got in the Wynn)

Bellagio does draw crowds for the Conservatory but it is nice and peaceful first thing in the morning where you can take your time and soak up the atmosphere in peace. The breakfast buffet was very good and minimal queues although it build up after 8am. The strip is very quiet at 8am! and being at centre strip the location is hard to beat.

Overall a very good stay

Regards

TBS
Thanks for the report!

Just curious, did you ever try the $20 trick at check-in?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Thanks for the report!

Just curious, did you ever try the $20 trick at check-in?
Hi,

No ,sorry, did not try it!

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:44 am

Hi,

No ,sorry, did not try it!

Regards

TBS
Ah ok.

Well let's hope it works well. I got a weekday reservation and already got the baseline fountain view king room so hopefully will be able to get it upgraded to a nice room/suite!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
This probably belongs in a least-substantive-things-to-complain-about thread, but I'm not a fan of this new stuff. It has a strong chemical smell, almost like Windex. bring back the lemony stuff!

Good news! Although everything looks the same on the outside (branding etc.) they have fixed the harsh chemical smell. I'm getting over a cold, so can't quite place the new scent, but it's vaguely tropical/floral/citrusy and fairly mild (more noticeable in the shampoo)

It's the little things in life

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.