Costco selling Vegas.com gift cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver

I did a search for Costco and did not find anything. If this was already posted, then please merge the threads and accept my apology.

I was at my local Costco yesterday and noticed that they were sold out of the Hyatt gift certificates, but they now have gift cards for Vegas.com. You can buy a $100 gift card for $80, and then may redeem up to 20 cards per Vegas.com order. (Perhaps they have had this deal for a while, but it is the first time that I saw it in the store.)

The gift cards may also be purchased on-line here.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Where can you redeem the gift cards at?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:04 pm

From Costco's web site:

Use the VEGAS.com gift card for hotel rooms, air-hotel packages, show tickets, tours, golf tee-times, nightclub front-of-line passes. Choose from every major hotel, show, tour destination, golf course and nightclub in the city, all in one place.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by beta1607
Where can you redeem the gift cards at?
You redeem them for travel products sold on Vegas.com.

"Use the card for any Vegas tourism product sold on VEGAS.com with no fees, blackout dates or expiration dates." http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...S&Sp=C&topnav=
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
pretty excellent deal. was just checking out pricing and all sites are similar. i might just have to buy these to cover my costs. i dont mind saving 20%!!
Old May 12, 2010, 10:56 am

Excellent only if you go through Vegas.com places???
Old May 15, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I just used this deal for Terry Fator and Cher/dinner. I saved a couple hundred bucks and I'm not a Costco member.
Yes, you must go through Vegas.com.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but this looks like a great deal ...

Do these cards have an expiration date, or a one-year validity from first use, or something like that?

And can you use part of a $100 GC and have credit left over?

Are they available in Costcos all over the place or only in Vegas? (I don't have time before my next trip to order one online)
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:23 pm

Thanks for sharing. Going to check it out right now. (I want a card )
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by huge
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but this looks like a great deal ...

Do these cards have an expiration date, or a one-year validity from first use, or something like that?

And can you use part of a $100 GC and have credit left over?

Are they available in Costcos all over the place or only in Vegas? (I don't have time before my next trip to order one online)
no expiration date on these costcos.
available in store at my local costco so ymmv
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mr_rogers
no expiration date on these costcos.
available in store at my local costco so ymmv
Thanks - good to hear no exp date. Sadly they don't seem to have them at the North Seattle Costco (or I didn't look hard enough). I'll have to order some online - I'll certainly use them eventually.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by best
Excellent only if you go through Vegas.com places???
Well yes, they are Vegas.com GC's. There is a wide variety of products available on Vegas.com, including rooms, meals, shows, golf, etc. If you have a trip to Las Vegas planned, this is definitely worth a look. I've used these many times with great success.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Has anyone here booked travel through vegas.com? I've searched in other forums here, and can't find any details on experiences people have had other than a bunch of best rate guarantee posts.

The word "may" appears a lot of times in the terms & conditions a lot regarding the ability & cost to make changes or cancel. I saw elsewhere here that they aren't supposed to charge fees for cancellation anymore, but there are still fees listed in their terms & conditions.

I'm wondering if anyone has any actual experience with making changes once a booking was made.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:33 am

Is this deal completely dead? I can't find the gift cards on costco.com anymore - in fact my already open pages listing them as in stock now show a Vegas Xbox video game when I refresh the page.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by huge
Is this deal completely dead? I can't find the gift cards on costco.com anymore - in fact my already open pages listing them as in stock now show a Vegas Xbox video game when I refresh the page.
I just talked to Costco. It looks like it is dead. The rep said it's not likely to come back.
This is a shame. I just bought about $3000 worth of these cards and booked hotel, shows and golf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.