Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help booking BDL-LAS

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Help booking BDL-LAS

Not sure if this is the proper place for this but I did some searching and couldn't really find too much. I'm attending a wedding the first weekend in Oct and am looking to book a flight from BDL. Have miles I could use but would really rather save them for something more. Anyone know of a place were cheap flights may pop up here and there? Been looking for a couple weeks now on a bunch of sites but the best deals seem to be close to $450. I have the option to book US metal with the $99 companion pass but even that option seems priced highly as US flights for that route are a couple hundred more anyways. Any help would be much appreciated. Could also depart from JFK if that would make a signifcant difference.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:21 pm

I'm not seeing anything cheaper than $440 out of BDL. If you can return on Monday, flying out of LGA is $360. Otherwise you might want to consider using miles. UA would cost 25k round trip with saver. US I'd imagine would be similar.
Old May 6, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
It's probably too far in advance for sale fares. For example, US currently has fares as low as $277 for June.
Old May 6, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
It's probably too far out for sale fares. For example, US has published fares as low as $277 RT for June.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerryFF
It's probably too far out for sale fares. For example, US has published fares as low as $277 RT for June.
Yea but doesn't seem to get close to that price when flying in on a Thursday and leaving on a Sun/Mon...Hopefully some sort of sale fares will come up the close it gets to Oct.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
SWA

Most of my friends, who don't accumulate miles, take the SWA non-stop RT to LAS from BDL. They plan well in advance and just watch fares. Usually they get around $350 RT. That's not too bad for weekend travel in non summer months to LAS.
You might want to look into getting a SWA Credit card. I believe they still are giving large bonuses. You could lower your fares to almost nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.