Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

January Pool Situation?

January Pool Situation?

Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat/Oneworld Sapphire
January Pool Situation?

I'm heading out to Vegas in a couple of weeks with a some girlfriends and we were thinking about doing a cabana day.

We're staying at Palms Place, and but there's conflicting information on the website whether or not they're closed, and every time I call, I get transferred to some dead extension.

Anyway, I would love suggestions about how we could get to a pool/cabana in January for relaxation. We're not interested in a pool party.

Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Just so you know, typical Vegas temperatures in January are early mid-afternoon highs in the 60-70 Fahrenheit range tops. Not really pool weather.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm not sure how up to date this is, but this may summarize some of what you are looking for:

http://www.lasvegasinsider.com/html/lvipools.htm

Once you figure out which hotel you are interested in, I would call in advance to reserve, although I would think in January it shouldn't be too hard to reserve. As mentioned in the first reply, January is not the ideal pool season in Las Vegas.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:59 pm

I was in Vegas at the beginning of December... the hotels pool was closed and drained..(and it was COLD out anyway!)

I would check very carefully with the hotel...
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missdona
I'm heading out to Vegas in a couple of weeks with a some girlfriends and we were thinking about doing a cabana day.

We're staying at Palms Place, and but there's conflicting information on the website whether or not they're closed, and every time I call, I get transferred to some dead extension.

Anyway, I would love suggestions about how we could get to a pool/cabana in January for relaxation. We're not interested in a pool party.

Thanks
I have the current airport weather (and the airport is only a mile from the Strip) on my screen right now.

For the next 4 days it's going to be 67/42, 68/42, 68/44 and 66/44. Pools???
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
I have the current airport weather (and the airport is only a mile from the Strip) on my screen right now.

For the next 4 days it's going to be 67/42, 68/42, 68/44 and 66/44. Pools???
That was exactly my point in my prior reply.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
Just so you know, typical Vegas temperatures in January are early mid-afternoon highs in the 60-70 Fahrenheit range tops. Not really pool weather.
Sounds like a heatwave to me!

I can't wait till we leave. Anything is better than 32F with perpetual rain/sleet and gale force winds.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta, American, United
Pool Blues

Well,

I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and it was FREEZING!!!!!!

This January trip should be a bit warmer I'm hoping. It's been in the 80's in Los Angeles!!!

SO... I would think you should have no problem finding a cabana and cute cabana buys.

In fact, last month the pools were actually CLOSED, so good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.