Search

Friend's First Trip To Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass, AAdvantage
Friend's First Trip To Vegas

Hey all,

A good friend of mine is looking to go to Vegas for the first time. He heard I had to go out there for a meeting and I figured I could extend my trip…giving him the ability to join up. I've been to Vegas many times over the past decade, gambled and seen shows. That being said, and us both being gentlemen, during my many visits to the city I have never really had to act as the ‘cruise director’ for something that really wasn’t more business/convention related. I know that my friend is seeing Las Vegas as “sin city” and has an eye on that aspect of things.

Given the above, I’m looking for community recommendations on hotel choices (though I think I’ve got that set) for what would be two guys being in the city for four days or so. Perhaps more importantly, I’m looking for suggestions on activities and entertainment that might appeal to a 20 something who has never been and a late 20s/early 30s something who has. I know the generic tourist sites that he’ll want to see just because they are there, but when it comes to nightlife and the pool scene and other activities…Not to be crude about it, but I know for a fact he's going to likely want to go to a strip club and I honestly don't have the contacts anymore to know which would be the best for that. Same with the pools, shows, etc. I’ve know it is there but never had an opportunity or necessarily desire. I do know that sometimes information from hotel sources can be...sewed...plus the annoying cards on the strip... thus figured I'd get some opinions here.

I'm not just looking for ideas that might be on more of the 'sin city' side though. I know there are a lot of activities and places to go I haven't been that might be interesting. Someone told me long ago there is some shooting range or something where you can fire off AK-47s or something. Just trying to get a general idea of what type of places people would recommend since this won't be a "business/convention" trip.

I’ve done a search (before people rant) but I also know that Vegas changes on a regular basis. Many posts are a year+ old dealing with the above question so I’m tossing it out again. This trip would likely be in the summer.

Last edited by John Quint; Dec 4, 2011 at 10:09 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by John Quint
there is some shooting range or something where you can fire off AK-47s or something. ...
Are you man enough?

http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:44 pm

not to promote another site, but hit up www.jackcolton.com for information relating to daylife, nightlife, and strip clubs. He has tons of information and the AOD members that post are some of the biggest part goers you'll find.

I think vegas vacations really come down to budget...how much you want to spend can really influence if you want to got VIP or not. Do you want to hit the 'hottest clubs' or just go out and have a good time.

So, a lot is influenced by the time of year you're headed out, as well as they days of the week.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta, American, United
Yes...

A couple things that I took my friend to on a Vegas Trip:

(I would advise Googling everything)

The Pawn Stars shop - It's a new must see in Vegas.
Check out the Cosmopolitan - another new place. If you can stand the line, be sure to visit the new Marque club there too.
The Atomic Museum - interesting piece of Las Vegas history.
Any shooting range - yes there are some with AK-47s!!!
If you're really looking for a good time... there's always a rental car to Pahrump to pet some bunnies... - I'll let you figure that one our on your own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.