Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2-Story Suite in Las Vegas November 10-12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

2-Story Suite in Las Vegas November 10-12

Looking for a good 2-story suite in LV for 2 nights, check-in November 10, check-out November 12.

I was interested in the Skylofts, but they're SO on 11/11/11. Go figure.

Right now I'm booked at the Vdara at $1,265 for two nights in a two-bedroom, two-story suite. It looks pretty nice, and about half the price the Skylofts would have been for those two nights, I think. I booked it online through their site after AmEx couldn't help me swing the Skylofts. MGM offered a one-story suite at Aria, but I'd already sold the lady-friend on a two-story suite. She's not insistent, but I'd like to deliver on what I said.

So... couple questions:

1) Anybody know of any other two-bedroom, two-story suites for comparable prices at good hotels on/near the Strip? I'm counting Vdara that way because it's such a short walk to Aria.

2) Is it likely I can get a better rate on the Vdara suite through other means (I searched for coupon codes and offers, but they don't seem that prevalent or enticing)? I'm not a Virtuoso member - are they helpful for this sort of thing - more helpful than Amex?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Could try Planet Hollywood PH Towers. They have four bedroom suites there that you can ask them about and I believe they are two stories.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
You could try the duplex at Wynn/Encore - that'll definitely impress her.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar
You could try the duplex at Wynn/Encore - that'll definitely impress her.

Is that "in the same range" as the Vdara?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
you are going to have a really hard time finding something big that weekend because of 11/11/11 and the Pacquiao fight on the 12th. I'm going that weekend booked in to a Parlor Suite at the Wynn. Honestly, I think the Salon (probably even the Parlor) suite have more "wow" than a 2 story suite at vdara. You can also add a connecting room to make it a 2 bedroom. With that, you'll get exclusive checkin, breakfast and private pool. Will definitely make the lady friend happy feel "exclusive".

Book through Virtuoso and you can get some good rates.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:00 pm

The top suite at Tropicana has two stories.

Technically it's on the strip but not really, M Resort has some two story suites.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by playbbg
you are going to have a really hard time finding something big that weekend because of 11/11/11 and the Pacquiao fight on the 12th. I'm going that weekend booked in to a Parlor Suite at the Wynn. Honestly, I think the Salon (probably even the Parlor) suite have more "wow" than a 2 story suite at vdara. You can also add a connecting room to make it a 2 bedroom. With that, you'll get exclusive checkin, breakfast and private pool. Will definitely make the lady friend happy feel "exclusive".

Book through Virtuoso and you can get some good rates.

Thought it over, I agreed with you 100%, and I reserved a Salon Suite through AmEx CTS this evening. Significantly better rates than online.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think you (and FT) have improved the trip greatly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.