Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Las Vegas
Reload this Page >

What to do when you're bored in Las Vegas...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do when you're bored in Las Vegas...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by opus17
Beautiful sights all around -- try Red Rock, Valley of Fire, Mt. Charlston...
At 7 PM

There is Ethel M. But not at that hour.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
go visit the pawn shop featured in "pawn stars" and say hi to chumlee?
I've actually done that (visited, that is -- Chumlee wasn't there. ). One word of warning: it's easy to get there by cab, but trying to catch a cab there can be a nightmare. I wound up having to walk a mile or so (in 100+ degree heat) to Fremont Street.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by Italy98
At 7 PM

There is Ethel M. But not at that hour.
In the summer, the light should be great for photos.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
I've actually done that (visited, that is -- Chumlee wasn't there. ). One word of warning: it's easy to get there by cab, but trying to catch a cab there can be a nightmare. I wound up having to walk a mile or so (in 100+ degree heat) to Fremont Street.
It is actually against the law for cabbies to pick you up if you hail them on the street in Las Vegas, you have to go to a Taxistand. (See Las Vegas Municipal Code 11.60.040)
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
OK...I admit this is sad, but........

I always go and visit Costco. I'm from the East coast and I've discovered every Costco is different and stocks different things! I usually wind uo shipping a bunch of things home. The Costco "Business Center" near the end of the strip carries tons of cooking supplies that I've never seen elsewhere.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by PDILLM
OK...I admit this is sad, but........

I always go and visit Costco. I'm from the East coast and I've discovered every Costco is different and stocks different things! I usually wind uo shipping a bunch of things home. The Costco "Business Center" near the end of the strip carries tons of cooking supplies that I've never seen elsewhere.
Yes, sad. Sad that it sounds like something I would do. And on a similar note...

I really enjoyed walking around the huge Fry's Electronics. They have HUGE old Vegas photos scattered around the sides of the store, and I love old Vegas.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by lands
Yes, sad. Sad that it sounds like something I would do. And on a similar note...

I really enjoyed walking around the huge Fry's Electronics. They have HUGE old Vegas photos scattered around the sides of the store, and I love old Vegas.
In that case, I am sure you have done it, then go to "old Vegas", pretty neat especially with the light show at dusk.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Just check the local paper for events each day in their calendar.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/events/2010/apr/27/
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
(2)At the back of MGM, near the monorail, they have TV shows to rate which may be aired in the feature, and they want to get viewers input.
This can really be a really fun way to spend 90 minutes or so. Back in the 90's, I rated the pilot episode of the Bonnie Hunt Show (sitcom). I didn't know that this place was still around.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by TravelScholar
.... Go see a MOVIE at Galaxy Cannery (IMO, still the BEST movie theater in Vegas!).
Have you been to the Rave 18 at Town Square? I was there a week ago and it was VERY nice - some of the most comfortable stadium seating I've encountered in any movie theater.
Old May 1, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go to the Gun Store and have a shoot in the indoor range. And have a look at what targets are not available as everyone chooses them !
Old May 1, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Go to the Gun Store and have a shoot in the indoor range. And have a look at what targets are not available as everyone chooses them !
Which one is that? And is the range 50 degrees inside (like some in CA)?
Old May 1, 2010, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lands
Which one is that? And is the range 50 degrees inside (like some in CA)?
It is the one called The Gun Store. No idea of temps as I was there in November and it was very pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.