Consolidated "Aria" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Aria" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just checked in here and ended up taking a $50/nt upgrade from a standard room to SkySuites. Got to my room and...while it's in the SkySuites area...it's really just a standard room with 2 queens. No separate living room, etc.

Since it was so cheap, it's still worth it to me for the SkyPool and downstairs lounges, not to mention a much higher floor than the 10th floor I was otherwise offered, though I was of course a bit disappointed that it was really just a standard room.

Are there any other amenities I should keep an eye out for? I'm assuming since it's a check-in upgrade, I'm not going to get car service back to the airport, but while I'm here I might as well maximize my upgrade fee.

Also MLife Plat, so restaurant line passes, etc. aren't much of a difference to me.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm assuming since it's a check-in upgrade, I'm not going to get car service back to the airport, but while I'm here I might as well maximize my upgrade fee.
You should get car service to the airport. We upgraded to tower suites for the last 2 nights of a recent stay and got a free limo to the airport. Just ask at the Sky Suites desk the night before your departure. It's really not a huge benefit since most people tip the driver $20, which would easily cover cab fare. But it's kind of fun to pull up in a shiny stretch limo once in awhile
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:40 pm

The Sky Suites lounge is also very convenient for morning coffee and pastries and bottled water throughout the day.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Awesome. Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am so excited...I am going to stay in a SkySuite for 3 nights in December! I doubt it but I am hoping that it will be warm enough to use the pool. I for sure will be using the lounge and airport shuttle. ^
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:25 pm

Just spend a long weekend. Bet the same amount I always do. Comps WAY WAY down. In the past the whole trip was comp'ed. Not sure whats up this trip. Got nadda
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I'm Mlife gold and one of the perks is supposed to be a free upgrade (subject to availability). I assume the standard room with mountain view becomes a strip view most of the time. However, now they have mobile check-in and if you do this you get a text/email with your room number and you just go pick up your keys. I'm not sure if I've done this 2 or 3 times so far but every time I just get a standard room with mountain view - no upgrade. Is this just due to no availability or does using the mobile check-in prevent the upgrade from happening? Also, for my upcoming trip I'd really like to see if they'll offer one of those suite upgrades for $60-80/nt... I'm assuming I can only get this offer if I check in the old fashioned way - does anyone know?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I don't know how Aria handles it, but I've long suspected that mobile check-in at the big hotel chains is not compatible with particularly good upgrade treatment. Though Mlife upgrades are also less common and less significant than elites at the major chains typically get. Still, no harm (other than perhaps a few more minute waiting in line) in waiting and checking in at the desk to see if it produces a better outcome.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:42 am

Since your Mlife gold gets you access to the priority check-in line, there's not much advantage to mobile check-in. So, if you're looking for upgrades (free or at a small cost), you're probably better off talking to a human.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:38 am

I decided to email [email protected]. Here's their reply!

Our Mobile Check In system does not recognize MLife tier status regrettably, so it will automatically assign the room type that you have booked for. Since you have emailed us prior to your reservation checking in, we will upgrade your room type to a Deluxe King with a Strip View at no additional charge, and that is the room type that you will receive tomorrow when you utilize Mobile Check In. Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:41 am

Thanks for the update. That's what I suspected but it's good to have confirmation. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
Since your Mlife gold gets you access to the priority check-in line, there's not much advantage to mobile check-in. So, if you're looking for upgrades (free or at a small cost), you're probably better off talking to a human.
You're missing the biggest advantage to mobile check-in, especially if you arrive mid-day: Your room is ready earlier.

It's a shame they aren't up front about missing out on eligible/possible upgrades when you use mobile check-in.

I guess it's the Sophie's Choice of checking in, unless (as I now know) you can email them ahead of time to secure the upgrade.

Last edited by azmojo; Jun 20, 2018 at 11:27 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:45 am

You're right. I usually arrive late at night, so it's not an issue, but I did use mobile check-in last time when I had an earlier flight and my room was ready around noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.