Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing seats for CTG-BOG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Choosing seats for CTG-BOG

Flying down from Cartagena to Bogota in a few weeks with the girlfriend, have booked one ways on LAN for around £120 for 2 (so the second lowest fare) and entered my BA Gold number (OWE) but it refuses to let me assign seats. Should I call the call centre?

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: LANPASS
check your class of service for each segment (in your purchase confirmation)

LAN, due to the way Sabre works, sets up Pre-reserved seat assignments on a origin-destination-class basis

Sadly, the inhibited combinations are not exactly public and are constantly being changed, so I'm not able to tell you exactly what classes are inhibited (if any) for the CTG-BOG route.

If http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/reserva_a...va_asiento.cgi says your fare class doesn't allow pre reserved seating (you must enter with your record locator and last name) probably the contact centre will not help much either.

If, on the other hand, the URL above does allow you to select seats but fails to complete the process, a phone call should help
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Most LAN Colombia domestic fares do not allow advanced seat selection.

IMHO, there is no particular reason for OW Elites to choose to fly 4C domestically over AV's superior schedules.

I flew CTG-BOG on LAN a few weeks ago and the only "benefit" was being able to choose a seat in the first three rows at check-in. LAN Colombia domestic has no lounges, no elite check-in, no elite boarding, and no additional baggage allowance. Additionally, the flights are often delayed and the LAN staff or website flight status make no mention of this until departure time, even though the plane has not even left the previous point yet.

BTW, If you book on LAN's Colombia site and pay in COP the prices are usually 50-75% lower than foreign currency LAN sites but it will still happily accept your foreign issued CC. 60 GBP per person is actually quite a high price for CTG-BOG. I paid 130000 COP which is appx. 26 GBP and that was not even the lowest fare.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by dls25

BTW, If you book on LAN's Colombia site and pay in COP the prices are usually 50-75% lower than foreign currency LAN sites but it will still happily accept your foreign issued CC. 60 GBP per person is actually quite a high price for CTG-BOG. I paid 130000 COP which is appx. 26 GBP and that was not even the lowest fare.
Agreed. It's been down to cop 100k (each way) recently, and 88k in the last 12 months:

http://ithaka-analytics.ianw.biz/lan...l?route=bogctg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.