Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

AA cabin bonus adds to qualifying total kms or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

I'm confused.

Anyone happen to know where in the T&Cs the rules for applying bonus KMs to qualifying totals are? I was sure that previously my biz and first AA flights had
the cabin bonus added to the qualifying total, and the rules used to say:

"Fares that accumulate 125% and 150%, qualify the user for a higher category. Only in this instance the kilometers additional to the 100% flown will also qualify the user for a higher category."

but a LAN CS agent is saying this isn't true.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Hi Ian,
I think I got the answer for this

Regarding kms:
Cabin bonuses (125%-150%-etc) are only for the corresponding fare families when flying LAN/TAM. If you purchase for example a full flexible fare for a flight operated by AA, the Kms earned will depend on the booking class (not the fare family) as noted here:
http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_perso...kms/index.html

The "extra" kms should, IIRC, count towards tier qualification

Regarding segment count on J or F
For mixed qualification, where a certain number of segments must be flown on premium cabins to reduce the amount of kms needed for elite qualification, those segments are only counted if flown on LAN/TAM

let me know if I'm missing something
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Apparently it's a secret. Of all bizarre notes I've ever received from LAN BO, this must be the strangest:

Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Oh dear lord, please let that be google translate and not an actual human writing in english

one of my pet peeves is people who must "work in english" without being actually fluent in it (LAN cabin and cockpit crews being the biggest pet peeve in such list)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

I hadn't considered it might be Google. Anyway I've written back asking them not to keep it a secret.

LAN's FB people came up with a good idea: If you want to see how much you earn then just fly it and wait for it to appear in your account.

(And I'm fighting with Claro customer disservice today as well. It's not a good week.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.