Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

GIG - > MIA, AA or LAN (business)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver

Redemption booking, would you do it with AA or LAN?

(flying business/first)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by bmj1
Redemption booking, would you do it with AA or LAN?

(flying business/first)
This is a hard one, the fly will be operated by TAM, so you will fly on the 767 that has the non updated IFE and flat bed. The service for TAM in Biz sucks, on december i toke the GRU - MCO and they dont even had a food choice besides Quiche (i dont like them a lot). I ask to the FA for a glass of Jack Daniels after the food and they forgot about it.

AA flys the 2 versions of the 777-200 on that route, if you are flying on the 3 class the seats and IFE are a lot under the TAM 767, but the service is just better. If you can choose the 772 retrofit (i was checking online and they are putting this 772 more that the 3 class after this month), i will take that one.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
This is a hard one, the fly will be operated by TAM, so you will fly on the 767 that has the non updated IFE and flat bed. The service for TAM in Biz sucks, on december i toke the GRU - MCO and they dont even had a food choice besides Quiche (i dont like them a lot). I ask to the FA for a glass of Jack Daniels after the food and they forgot about it.

AA flys the 2 versions of the 777-200 on that route, if you are flying on the 3 class the seats and IFE are a lot under the TAM 767, but the service is just better. If you can choose the 772 retrofit (i was checking online and they are putting this 772 more that the 3 class after this month), i will take that one.
Thanks - it's early June, if that helps...?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Latampass Black
I agree with Pabloco about the aircraft type - check seatguru.com & see if you can work out which aircraft AA are using. The 3 class AA aircraft doesn't have lie flat seats in business, but the 2 class does. The Tam flight has lie flat business seats.

Whilst the Tam service isn't as good in business as Lan, I think it's OK. I speak Portuguese though so maybe that makes a difference?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
I agree with Pabloco about the aircraft type - check seatguru.com & see if you can work out which aircraft AA are using. The 3 class AA aircraft doesn't have lie flat seats in business, but the 2 class does. The Tam flight has lie flat business seats.

Whilst the Tam service isn't as good in business as Lan, I think it's OK. I speak Portuguese though so maybe that makes a difference?
Its 30th may AA904, agent said it's 2 class so I've switched. Does that sound sensible?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by bmj1
Its 30th may AA904, agent said it's 2 class so I've switched. Does that sound sensible?
I Just check it on AA.com, 30th of May on the 904 does not offer first, so you will be on a 2 class plane.

Just in case try to get the agent to send you an email saying that the fly will be on a 2 class 772, in case that you get switch to a 3 class i would go to the counter on your check in and explain that you choose AA because they offer a flat bed, and try to get an upgrade to first
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
I Just check it on AA.com, 30th of May on the 904 does not offer first, so you will be on a 2 class plane.

Just in case try to get the agent to send you an email saying that the fly will be on a 2 class 772, in case that you get switch to a 3 class i would go to the counter on your check in and explain that you choose AA because they offer a flat bed, and try to get an upgrade to first
Okay thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.