Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating and other advice...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold

Flying LAN for first time in over 10 years next week. Last time was in J and now unfortunately in coach...
Flying JFK-SCL-GRU on LAN and then GRU-IGU on TAM. Sam thing on way back.

Seatguru doesn't seem to have all correct info so wondering what best seats would be on 787 for JFK-SCL and back as well as for the SCL-GRU which I believe is an A320.

Then was also wondering what to expect in terms of AVOD and food are in economy. Are the seats on the 787 conducive for sleeping on overnight flights?

Finally, can't seem to add my AA number on LAN website and the LAN confirmation code not recognized by AA. Do I have to call LAN to add that? Same for special meals
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
You didnt put your flys dates but to be shure but i think you will be flying a 787-9, seatguru only has the 787-8. I have only fly so far on 800s so i cant really give you any advise on where to seat but i hate Lan's 787, when is posible i chosee the olders 767 seats are wider, more pitch and more recline.

If you can get the emergency exit dont get any Window on the 787 leg room will be reduce.

On the 320 you have some that has premium eco and some dont. If it has premium eco take row 4 or 12 (exit need to ask in the airport) on the other 320 take rows 1 or 12.

Food and avod are really good, they dont have that many movies but the ones the got are good and new.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
You didnt put your flys dates but to be shure but i think you will be flying a 787-9, seatguru only has the 787-8. I have only fly so far on 800s so i cant really give you any advise on where to seat but i hate Lan's 787, when is posible i chosee the olders 767 seats are wider, more pitch and more recline.

If you can get the emergency exit dont get any Window on the 787 leg room will be reduce.

On the 320 you have some that has premium eco and some dont. If it has premium eco take row 4 or 12 (exit need to ask in the airport) on the other 320 take rows 1 or 12.

Food and avod are really good, they dont have that many movies but the ones the got are good and new.
Thanks. Flying on Fri 21st. Didn't think they flew the 787-9 from JFK. Thought just from LAX?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:02 pm

Yes you are on the LA533 that is a 787-9. I havent seen the 900 to LAX so far, most of them fly to Europe, Nyc and Australia and a few south american routes (i think this routes are mostly for training).

I forgot to say that the A320 will have only the overhead displays for entertainment ...all of my flys on A320 are short 2:30 hours max and in those flys you get about 2 series like big bang theory, two and a half men or friends... plus some info on places where you may visit with Lan. Once i toke a A320 on a 4 hour fly but i can renember (a few hours after i got married so i was too tired)

Have a nice fly
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Yes you are on the LA533 that is a 787-9. I havent seen the 900 to LAX so far, most of them fly to Europe, Nyc and Australia and a few south american routes (i think this routes are mostly for training).

I forgot to say that the A320 will have only the overhead displays for entertainment ...all of my flys on A320 are short 2:30 hours max and in those flys you get about 2 series like big bang theory, two and a half men or friends... plus some info on places where you may visit with Lan. Once i toke a A320 on a 4 hour fly but i can renember (a few hours after i got married so i was too tired)

Have a nice fly
Thanks. Any seating advice from anyone for the 787-9?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LAN 709 & 708 which are both the 787-8 I do wonder what seat advice in eco for a solo traveller? Are there any rows free of seat entertainment?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by schnapperin
LAN 709 & 708 which are both the 787-8 I do wonder what seat advice in eco for a solo traveller? Are there any rows free of seat entertainment?
i think all seats haves the entertainment display on the 787, but and i hopes this works for you, there is a little tip

I have taken the 787 800 in economy 3 times.

The first 2 times i was flying with my wife, she doesnt like to seat on emergency exits so i normally when i fly with her i take the seat behind it (27 A-B). On those 2 flys no one on the Emergency exit row (on the 9 seats across) toke their TVS out from armrest.

The last fly i toke i did it by my self, i was flying LIM - SCL seat 12A. Well when i toke that fly i was tired so i toke a nap for about 30 minutes, when i woke up i look arround and all seats on the row where with out the tv. The fly attendent give me a snack so i eat it and then i toked out the tv and then everyone strats doing the same.

So that is the tip, take the emergency row if you are lucky no one will know that they do have a TV. You may be able to try it on the first row but is normaly reserved for OW Emerald or Sapphire (So chances that they dont know that their have TVS on the armrest are lower)
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:20 pm

The A320 also has the Wireless IFE system, it's being rolled out, but you're more likely to find it in international routes.
Download the LAN TAM Entertainment app in the Apple app store or Google Play store prior to your flight.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

I have found the wifi IFE is available on many domestic (Chile) flights on A320s. As Matt340 noted, you need to download the app before travel.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by nalxyz
I have found the wifi IFE is available on many domestic (Chile) flights on A320s. As Matt340 noted, you need to download the app before travel.
When you find a 320 flying domestic with the LAN ENTERTAINMENT system please try to renember the registration number..... This year i have fly over 20 segments Domestic and not even one i got a plane with that system all done in A320's

I dont know if the 321 may have it ..... i have a 321 on the fly LA284 19/10 it will be nice to try de system at least once hehehe
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Survived the 12 hours in row 14 thanks to a free middle seat - and sorry for the confused question i did mean the lack of in flight entertainment boxes under the seats (which no one has on the 787)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:54 pm

Hey PABLOCO!, these are some registrations I've got the Wireless IFE in:
CC-BFS
CC-COF
CC-BAQ

I'm sure there are many more, but I haven't flown as much as I would have wanted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.