Wiki Posts
Search

Non-flight redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Non-flight redemptions

After booking the GYE-SCY flights I have about 10k km left. Any way to use these for a hotel in Ecuador or Colombia?

I couldn't find anything but maybe the non-English LAN sites have something?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
At least for Chilean Lanpass you are only able to books flys. I think up to the 2013 you where able to book hotels.

Still why you dont call the contact center because sometimes when i book flys with miles i am not able to see the OW conection flys, so you call and after like 20 minutes on the CC they give you the info.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
After booking the GYE-SCY flights I have about 10k km left. Any way to use these for a hotel in Ecuador or Colombia?

I couldn't find anything but maybe the non-English LAN sites have something?
Do you realize that 10 km is only about 6214 miles? That would give you at most one night at just a few hotels in Quito (only 4 out of 37 hotels, mostly 2.5 star hotels, would work with that few miles), if you were using AA miles for hotels.

And for the same night, Kayak shows the rates at those at hotels as ranging between $9/night and $25/night.

So is it really worth worrying about miles when the hotels are that cheap on cash?

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 14, 2015 at 10:58 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Actually we need hotels in smaller Colombian towns, not the main cities. These 10,000 km will probably expire otherwise so would go to waste altogether if we don't use them on something.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Of course you know 10k kms can get a domestic flight in Colombia and elsewhere... a side trip to Cartegena?

Also you can transfer kms before they expire.

I sometimes wish LP would arrange that you could donate orphan kms to charity.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by Tiki
Actually we need hotels in smaller Colombian towns, not the main cities. These 10,000 km will probably expire otherwise so would go to waste altogether if we don't use them on something.
Transfer them to me.... so you dont loose the hehehe. I can pay the transfer.

Dont loose then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.