TAM seat selection ?

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

TAM seat selection ?

I booked a TAM business award ticket through AA for next March 16. The flight is MAO/MIA. I am trying to figure out how to change my seat assignment. The reservation for my wife and I shows us in seats 3J & 3L. When I look at the seating chart for 767s on the TAM web site it does not show a seat 3J&3L. When I go to the manage my booking and bring up my reservation I can't find any way to get to the seat selection? Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There is a time-tested method to resolve these issues. However, some spend hours in frustration because of their allergy to the time-tested method.

Might I recommend using one of these (or a relative of same) to speak with a TAM representative regarding your seat selection?

Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I did something like that last year. What worked for me was to call AA and get my TAM reservation code (which is different from the AA reservation code) and then use that code in TAM's website to alter the reservation.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Oops, I meant record locator. If you call TAM they won't be able to get it, but AA will do it and it will take less time, just tell them that you want it for the check in (bc you'll have to use the TAM record locator for that, sometimes the AA won't work).
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

I have the TAM pnr number. I can't find any place on the reservation that gives me access to seat selection?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I have the TAM pnr number. I can't find any place on the reservation that gives me access to seat selection?
I have the same problem. By going to TAM's mobile site (m.tam.com.br) and finding you booking, click on 'Quick actions' on the top right. There is an option to choose seats there, but for me it's not active.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks XmaX i'll try it.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

\I don't have a smart phone so can't access the mobile app. I did try on line and that option does not show. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't have a smart phone so can't access the mobile app. I did try on line and that option does not show. But thanks for the suggestion.
A mobile site should also work from a tablet, if you have access to one of those. (It may be easier to borrow a tablet to try a site than to borrow someone's smart phone!)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks sdsearch I think my daughter has an Ipad. I will report back.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
\I don't have a smart phone so can't access the mobile app. I did try on line and that option does not show. But thanks for the suggestion.
Works fine in a web browser, you just need to click the white on red up arrow at the bottom of the image when the page loads. You can then see "Review booking" to enter your PNR and last name.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks Jase76. I did get to the red button and was able to call up my reservation but I could not select a seat or change a seat.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
I was able to view the mobile site on my desktop computer. Unfortunately, both the desktop and mobile site do not support changes to the itinerary (this includes editing seats, or purchasing an Espaco+ seat, which is what I was hoping to do).

I tried calling TAM and the agent told me that she could not sell an Espaco+ seat to me, either. Online check-in is the only option to purchase an extra space seat when the ticket is booked through a travel agent (which in my case was necessary, as the itinerary includes multiple airlines). I suppose that only itineraries booked directly with TAM can be edited online or through the mobile site.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
SPACE +

Does any one knows if you can get SPACE + seats if you have the PREMIUM SILVER card ? My brother is traveling in 2 more month and he toke his seats before getting the Silver.

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:06 pm

I don't necessarily need to change my seats, but I can't even see WHAT seats I have on a TAM ticket. I booked an award ticket through AA, and I see the "SEAT PREASSIGNMENT" section when I go onto the TAM website. But I also have a cash ticket on the same flight (purchased through an OTA), and although I can pull up the reservation I can't seem to find the seat preassignment section. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.