Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access in SCL traveling to IPC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I am arriving in SCL early in the morning around 5am. I am thinking of buying tickets in business class from SCL to IPC. Would I have access to a lounge in SCL until around 10am when my flight would leave? From what I see on LAN's website the lounge is International, and IPC would be a domestic flight.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Yes, the lounge is in the international section - no lounge in domestic departures.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:56 am
Original Poster

I am arriving from an international flight. I take it I would have to go through immigration first, in which case I would then exit out of the international section? So I guess 5 hours waiting around in a terminal no matter what type of ticket I buy.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Yes, you will have to clear immigration first, pick up your bag, and exit the international area. It appears you will be on separate tickets, so you will also have to check in for the IPC flight. There are a couple of restaurants in the terminal, but that's about it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There's a Priority Pass-affiliated lounge in the domestic side.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. Now if only Chase had not taken away Priority Pass from the Ink...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:46 pm

How did you find award space on this flight? When did you book? I'm looking to go in March of 2016 but nothing shows up on BA for one world partners!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:36 am
Original Poster

I haven't actually booked it yet. But there is award space around end of January / Early February in Business class. You can find it on BA's website. Of course at 75,000 Avios I don't really consider it a good deal.

I am planning on buying the tickets with the US Bank Lanpass associated credit card, give me 17% off on the ticket purchase (really its 20% off but you have to factor in the 3% foreign transaction fee).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by the188
Of course at 75,000 Avios I don't really consider it a good deal.
I think that's a .... deal. I flew it last year for the equivalent of US$808 in CLP. According to

http://ithaka-analytics.ianw.biz/lan...l?route=sclipc

it's been stable for a bit now at under US$700
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

While close in bookings are around that, early next year the prices appear to be much higher. I would rather not wait till close to the last minute to book. I have to work around other already pre-booked airfare.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Friends please consider that from the 15st of December to about the 5th of March is the Hollyday seasons over on Chile so that is when you will need the most amount of miles to fly.

Sometimes you can find nice deals on December like close to Xmas and new year. Last year i got a 72.000 KM lanpass for a SCL MIA SCL leaving the 14th and coming back on the 27th but if i flown for example the 15th and back on 29th was over 200K

About the Lounge question please consider that if you fly to Eastern Island that flyes depart from the domestic terminal. You can find there only the "Salones Pacific" that how they say before you can access with priority pass or you cab pay 35 or 37 USD i think. When you get back is the same think your fly would problably arribe domestic and then you need to get to international, here the best lounge is the new LATAM Lounge that you may access even with oneworld ruby for what i understand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.