Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LANPASS Visa ignores existing account, creates new one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA

I successfully applied for a LANPASS Visa from US Bank and was instantly approved. The application doesn't have a place to input your existing LANPASS number so I secure messaged US Bank to give them my account number.

They replied back.
We understand that you are concerned about the LANPASS rewards number affiliated with this LANPASS Visa Signature® account, Tiki. We will be happy to address this matter. Our records indicate that the LANPASS rewards number affiliated with this account is 6xxxxxxxK. If this is incorrect, Cardmember Service is unable to assist with correcting the loyalty number. Please contact the LANPASS Redemption Center directly at 866-435-9526 to correct this issue.

We appreciate that you have chosen us as your banking partner and hope that you will continue to allow us to be of service to you. Have a nice day!
If anyone else has this card, what did you do to fix this? I can't believe US Bank is saying they are unable to correct the loyalty number when they caused the problem by not allowing me to supply it on the app. How is the LANPASS Redemption Center supposed to fix this?

Do I have to merge these two accounts? How do I get the password for the new account?
Old May 6, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
How is the LANPASS Redemption Center supposed to fix this?

Do I have to merge these two accounts?
Well, they have to merge these two accounts (after you explain the issue to them).

How do I get the password for the new account?
By waiting for them to merge the accounts. Ie, I think password for your existing account will become the password for your new account automatically.

If anyone else has this card, what did you do to fix this?
I don't remember all the details any more (since it was over a year ago), but I had the same problem, US Bank created a new account, and I had to contact LAN to merge it, and they ended up requiring me to send them an image of (the main page from) my passport (as a security measure?) to get that to happen!

I think my login stayed the same after the merge (but after the merge took me to my new account, while before the merge took me to my old account). I don't remember ever having two logins during that process. I don't think I was able to log into the account that US Bank created; ie, I only saw the new miles/kms on the bank side until my accounts were merged; before that, when I'd log in, I'd only see my old account's info, which didn't include the miles/kms from the Visa card.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 6, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Old May 6, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: Lanpass, AAdvantage
I had a Lanpass account, got the US Bank Visa, got a new Lanpass number assigned. Believe it or not this is actually the standard procedure.

You have to contact Lanpass. You'll have to send them a copy of your passport. They will join both accounts and you can pick which one will be the "primary", go forward account number.

It's been a year now and I continue to use my old Lanpass number. Miles from the US Bank card show up on that account. It's seamless once they are joined.

YMMV, but it "only" took me a couple of emails to get them to do it.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
What a ridiculous system! US Bank can link your existing Club Carlson or Avianca accounts to the respective credit cards when you apply, why not this one too? Is it really that hard to change the acct number in their system?

Maybe I should just forget the original account as there aren't any kms in it? I only used it to do award searches. The new Lanpass acct# was in my US Bank account and I did a password reset and got access to it. The profile was already filled out with correct details, maybe LAN matched my email and already linked the accounts.

Do they send everything out separately? The card in one envelope, welcome kit in another and I forget what else they sent with my Club Carlson & Avianca cards but I remember it was split among several envelopes.

The things I do to get 2 free tickets GYE-SCY-GYE!

Last edited by Tiki; May 9, 2015 at 5:07 am
Old May 9, 2015, 5:40 pm

same thing happened to me when i applied for the VISA. Im just using the number US Bank assigned since i had no miles/kms in the other account.

However, ever since I got the new account number, I CAN see my statement with my kms that have now posted. But...I CAN"T get any info on "MY PROFILE" -- when i click on it, it always says:
*** You are now registered in My Account, but we have not been able to save all your details. You can complete and save these details later in My Profile***

Called LAN and they can see my info/demos on their end, but can't fix why i cant see it on my browser. They keep blaming it on my browser as to why i cant see it -- ive tried using firefox, safari, chrome, and IE.. what's left? oh well... as long as i can redeem my kms thats all i care about.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:54 pm

I successfully applied for a LANPASS Visa from US Bank and was instantly approved. The application doesn't have a place to input your existing LANPASS number so I secure messaged US Bank to give them my account number.

They replied back.

If anyone else has this card, what did you do to fix this? I can't believe US Bank is saying they are unable to correct the loyalty number when they caused the problem by not allowing me to supply it on the app. How is the LANPASS Redemption Center supposed to fix this?

Do I have to merge these two accounts? How do I get the password for the new account?
Same thing happens to almost everyone who opens that new US Bank card. Just call LANPass, and explain. Once you say "the bank issued me a new number," they will understand exactly what to do.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The application doesn't have a place to input your existing LANPASS number
Ah, so they removed it?

See, a couple years ago, they did have a place to input your existing LANPASS number, and they still ignored it and issued a new LANPASS number.

So you can't work around not having a place to input it by sending it to them in a secure message. They're simply incapable of opening a new card with an existing LANPASS number, period.

I suspect they removed it from the application page (sometime in the last couple years) precisely because they got too many complaints from people who filled it in and had it ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.