Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Still hoping for upgrade on LAN using AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

A while ago, I booked a trip on LAN using AA miles. On the outbound LAX-LIM, there was no business class available, so I had to book 2 coach seats for wife and I. On the way back I got business.
I call AA now and then to see if LAN has opened any business class seats on the LAX-LIM outbound, and they always say no, but they keep encouraging me to call back, as LAN generally does release such seats. I have no status.
My flight is now a week away. Some of you with LAN experience might know...do I have a chance that LAN will make some business seats available for AA flyers?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Could happen 48 hours out...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Last week I was on the afternoon LAX-LIM flight (new Boeing) and after LAN elite upgrades there were still around six vacant seats. That flight usually has more seats available than the LP night flight because of the plane configuration and also many for some reason prefer the night flight. I have found that Expertflier.com is invaluable when planning upgrade flights.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by david_33
Last week I was on the afternoon LAX-LIM flight (new Boeing) and after LAN elite upgrades there were still around six vacant seats. That flight usually has more seats available than the LP night flight because of the plane configuration and also many for some reason prefer the night flight. I have found that Expertflier.com is invaluable when planning upgrade flights.
Is that the one departs 1:45 and arrives just after midnight?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Is that the one departs 1:45 and arrives just after midnight?
Yes. If you have Expertflyer you can see how many seats are taken.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by david_33
Yes. If you have Expertflyer you can see how many seats are taken.
Under 24 hours to go. Just called AA and asked for Biz availability. She said that flight has plenty of Biz seats left, but LAN won't release them like the other airlines do. LOL
Oh well.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
When is your flight? I see 1 seat open for today
Old May 15, 2015, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fedechat
When is your flight? I see 1 seat open for today
Didn't get the upgrades. Stuck in coach, but we had an empty middle seat between me and my wife, so it was nice to stretch out the legs!

Premium on the way back from SCL-LAX was a great flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.