Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Credit Card LanPass Kms earning confusion.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Sorry for this but I would appreciate some help regarding the above.

The wife took out a BBVA Francais LanPass credit card and got me one at the same time. She knows nothing about miles earning programmes and I only know about the workings of BA's programme although not the credit card side of it.
We've been using the cards for several months now and according to her we have accumulated 'thousands of kms'. To my Flyertalking shame up until now I haven't taken the slightest bit of interest in any of it whatsoever. So the questions....before she contacts the bank and Lan.

Does anyone know where these kms are as we don't seem to have been asked for our LanPass account numbers or been given a new one.
Will the kms stay live as long as kms are earned or will they expire if no flight activity has been recorded?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: Lanpass, AAdvantage
They would have created a new Lanpass account (At least that's what they do in the US when you open a Lanpass credit card).

Call the bank and ask for your Lanpass number. Alternatively, call Lan and try them to look up your account. You might have to fax in a proof of ID to get online access to your account.

I believe KMs don't expire if you have the credit card and keep accruing KMs.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:26 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by ORDSCL
I believe KMs don't expire if you have the credit card and keep accruing KMs.
I don't think that's the case for kms earned through partners (valid only 3 years -Dec 31st of the 3rd year- unless you extend the expiration when flying LAN/TAM)

http://www.lan.com/es_pe/sitio_perso...s/vencimiento/
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks.....^
She's been rather busy to phone hence why I posted. Seems best she contact them in order to get things sorted.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
The same happened to me when I started using the BBVA Lanpass cards.

As others mentioned the bank and/or LAN create a Lanpass account for you. The number should start with 54 (Argentina's calling code) followed by your DNI number plus a random digit at the end.

I cancelled the card some years ago because of BBVA shenanigans, but the mileage conversion rate was much more generous than the one offered in Aerolíneas' credit cards. I even got to visit Rio de Janeiro thanks to it - and I'm no big credit card user.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold
Originally Posted by Marambio
The same happened to me when I started using the BBVA Lanpass cards.

As others mentioned the bank and/or LAN create a Lanpass account for you. The number should start with 54 (Argentina's calling code) followed by your DNI number plus a random digit at the end.

I cancelled the card some years ago because of BBVA shenanigans, but the mileage conversion rate was much more generous than the one offered in Aerolíneas' credit cards. I even got to visit Rio de Janeiro thanks to it - and I'm no big credit card user.
In my particular experience, as I had a LANPASS account number prior to getting this credit card, LAN automatically detected this upon joining and all my miles went to my existing account, rather than creating a new one (as it happend with AA and my Citi VISA card).

The Premium World program with BBVA is top notch and has a lot of perks with LAN. Enjoy!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:06 am
Original Poster

She did have an old Lan account but that was under my surname. Such is the way here she's officially recognised by her maiden name so even though it's the same home address the connection wouldn't have been made. It had 0 kms so not a problem with her getting a new one assigned.

She can get in touch with the bank and sort it out....good to know about the expiration rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.