Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN would not confirm my KA award flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN would not confirm my KA award flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Angry LAN would not confirm my KA award flights

As I was trying to burn my last 12,000 KMs with LAN, after numerous calls, LAN was not able to confirm my award booking from CAN-HKG on Dragon Airlines(KA), despite seeing over 9 economy award(X) seats for my dates on the BA website. I am beyond frustrated at this point, the call center is absolutely the worst. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
CAN-HKG?
Why dont you take the comfortable intercity train between Guangzhou and Hongkong?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:00 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by warakorn
CAN-HKG?
Why dont you take the comfortable intercity train between Guangzhou and Hongkong?
It's possible the OP is using 72 hour TWOV at CAN in which case they need to leave on a flight. By all means correct me if I am wrong with that.

I cannot see why LAN would not be able to ticket this, normal advice would be to hang up and call again but OP has clearly done that.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, A3 GLD, TK GLD, UA SIL, HILTON DIA, HYATT DIA, IHG PA, MR GLD, ACCOR PLT, SPG GLD
Using the train service would require a transfer from the airport to the hong-ham train station, when you have too much luggage with you, it could be a pain in the rear. Also the train tickets are hard to get nowadays...oftentimes soldout due to large mainland visitors' demands.

Originally Posted by warakorn
CAN-HKG?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

@Johnny that is a very reasonable guess! After 12th time calling them I finally got it to work, I will avoid LANPASS KMs from now on.

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
It's possible the OP is using 72 hour TWOV at CAN in which case they need to leave on a flight. By all means correct me if I am wrong with that.

I cannot see why LAN would not be able to ticket this, normal advice would be to hang up and call again but OP has clearly done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.