Search

FRA-MAD flight, passport check?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry

Hello,

We are looking into taking LAN for a quick trip from FRA to MAD (LAN flight 704/705) and are wondering if we'd be required to go through passport control. The flight is obviously intra-EU and would normally not require passport checks, but i noted that 704/705 have onward service to/from Santiago. Does anyone know how the FRA-MAD segment is handled?

On one hand, the tickets are cheap and it would be cool to see a 787, but on the other hand we'll be arriving in MAD rather late and would prefer to avoid the passport hassles if possible
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
You have to pass through passport control but the lines in Madrid are short so I wouldn't worry about passport checks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
agree

if you hold a German Personalausweis or a similar piece of picture ID, that's perfect, no full passport required
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

i was just looking at booking this flight today and there was a disclaimer on the LAN site that even though it is a Shengen route, you do need to go through immigration on both ends... whether this happens in practice, i don't know.

dan
Old Jul 20, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by raybolt
i was just looking at booking this flight today and there was a disclaimer on the LAN site that even though it is a Shengen route, you do need to go through immigration on both ends... whether this happens in practice, i don't know.

dan
It does, in both directions.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Hi everyone,

I understand that one needs to go through passport control both at MAD and FRA if flying between the two.

I would really like to fly LAN on this route,but I don't hold the Shengen visa.Would I be able to fly say AMM-MAD-FRA-LHR and stay in the non-shengen area,since both AMM and LHR are outside of shengen area?

Thanks
Rami

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.