Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN flights to Easter Island

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:03 am
Original Poster

LAN flights to Easter Island

Flights to and from Easter Island seem to lock up quickly...many weeks ahead of time. As far as I know, LAN is the only airline that goes there.

Do seats unlock at a certain date? Are there any tricks to booking LAN flights?

Is there a great travel agency or consolidator that can book flights to here and back that anyone can recommend?

I'm trying to get a flight for my sister-in-law that matches the itinerary that my wife and I already have (Feb 13th departure from Santiago, Feb 17th return to Santiago). The return flight (on a Tuesday the 17th ) is locked up. Experflyer.com says that there are still seats available. I am frustrated. LAN and expedia.com seem to be of no use here.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by nakorsakov
I'm trying to get a flight for my sister-in-law that matches the itinerary that my wife and I already have (Feb 13th departure from Santiago, Feb 17th return to Santiago). The return flight (on a Tuesday the 17th ) is locked up. Experflyer.com says that there are still seats available. I am frustrated. LAN and expedia.com seem to be of no use here.
Welcome to flyertalk, nakorsakov!

As you are probably aware, February is the highest point of high season here, so less than a month out this might be difficult, especially as Easter Island is becoming a much more popular destination for chilenos. I've also found that LAN doesn't always play nice with booking sites when it comes to showing availability v. what's really available (but I've never used expedia, so I can't comment directly to that).

Expert Flyer shows the flight on the 17th (LA836) as 0s across the board, so effectively sold out:

LA 836 0 IPC
02/17/15 1:00 PM SCL
02/17/15 7:50 PM 763
Unavailable
67% / 83m J0 D0 I0 R0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 X0 E0

The best thing you could do is open an account with ExpertFlyer (there's a free trial membership) and set up a seat alert so that is there are any cancellations you are notified right away and can try to snap up the seat. www.expertflyer.com

Unfortunately, I don't see ANY availability at all during that week IPC-SCL.

Last edited by zpaul; Jan 19, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:57 pm

I'm also going to flag this to be moved to the LAN forum, as you will have better luck with LAN questions there.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Moved to the LAN | LANPASS forum as it relates to LAN airlines and not a destination, for greater assistance.

JDiver
/Moderator

Your sister-in-law may not be able to match your flights; you may have to prepare for that. This is high season, and I believe these flights are not daily and fly onward to PPT to boot.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Your sister-in-law may not be able to match your flights; you may have to preparé for that. This is high season, and I believe these flights are not daily and fly onward to PPT to boot.
Flights are daily year-round, during high-season there are two flights on Wed, Thur, and Sat, but all return flights IPC-SCL are currently full the week of the 17th, according to ExpertFlyer.

Last edited by zpaul; Jan 20, 2015 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone! This is helpful. I will also look at the LAN forum, as you mentioned, which I did not know existed. Please excuse my ineptitude and ignorance; I am brand new here.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 am

Also, FYI, the flight on the 17th is the weekly LA836 flight from Papeete, so you're competing for seats on that day with the people flying from Tahiti, not just IPC.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by nakorsakov
Please excuse my ineptitude and ignorance; I am brand new here.
No harm, no foul! We're all friends here in the LAN forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.