Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN AR flight to IGR - is V fare always a base plus fare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold

Looking at an Expedia potential booking AEP-IGR they seem to indicate that I can select seats after purchase (V fare), but on the LAN site, the same fare amount (also V), it is a Base+ which doesn't allow seat selection till 48 hour OLCI.

I'd like to select seats in advance, so I'm suspicious of Expedia's info. Thoughts? f I book Flex in LAN, can I actually access my rez online and make seat selections that stick? Will I need to establish a LAN FF acct to access seating (I have a fairly dormant AAdvantage acct)?

I also wonder what other FTers experience is with rebooking if one buys a Flex fare (K fare)? Is it moderately doable? I have seen various threads that seem to say LAN's I.T. has problems. So if it's not really decently easily changeable, I'm weighing if the usd50 r/t per person premium is worth it.

Thanks for any insight. First trip to S. America for me!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA
I thought our very own JC had done a sticky on this but I cannae find it. You might like to look at this instead for now:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22734996-post4.html
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
I thought our very own JC had done a sticky on this but I cannae find it. You might like to look at this instead for now:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22734996-post4.html
Aha. Looks like Expedia is wrong to say "You can select your seats after booking" for a V fare.

As far as buying on the LAN site, I am still curious to know if I need to establish a LAN FF acct to access seating or other services, or can I just do it with record locator & name (or similar) as w/ US airlines?

Thx.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by RaflW
Aha. Looks like Expedia is wrong to say "You can select your seats after booking" for a V fare.

As far as buying on the LAN site, I am still curious to know if I need to establish a LAN FF acct to access seating or other services, or can I just do it with record locator & name (or similar) as w/ US airlines?

Thx.
I have recently accessed and changed seats on LAN flights using locator and name only. Fare code is Y. I also have seat selections on flights with V fare code that were made at time of booking directly online with LAN. I just looked and can access the seat selection pages should I want to make a change.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by CALlegacy
I have recently accessed and changed seats on LAN flights using locator and name only. Fare code is Y. I also have seat selections on flights with V fare code that were made at time of booking directly online with LAN. I just looked and can access the seat selection pages should I want to make a change.
I find seat selections on the LA web site - even for bookings made through the same site - are purely altruistic. LAN operates in a parallel universe where everything happens according to rules and procedures that are not evident in this universe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.