Santiago Lounge At 4AM

Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Santiago Lounge At 4AM

Hi,

Trying to figure this one out.. I will be at Santiago airport at about 4am for my 6am flight and keen to use a lounge. I see the Neruda and Mistral only open at 6am, but the Pacific one opens 24hrs/day. However, is the Pacific one accessible on business class tickets? Or do you have to pay regardless?

Thank you for your advice.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by hosedown
Hi,

Trying to figure this one out.. I will be at Santiago airport at about 4am for my 6am flight and keen to use a lounge. I see the Neruda and Mistral only open at 6am, but the Pacific one opens 24hrs/day. However, is the Pacific one accessible on business class tickets? Or do you have to pay regardless?

Pacific Club is Priority Pass-affiliated, or you can pay per entry.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

When you say priority pass affiliated, does that mean it has nothing to do with what class of travel someone is on? Sorry for the perhaps obvious question - I'm new to the priority pass thing.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
When you say priority pass affiliated, does that mean it has nothing to do with what class of travel someone is on? Sorry for the perhaps obvious question - I'm new to the priority pass thing.
You would have to be a Priority Pass member (and they are also affiliated with some other lounge programs, and may serve as the premium lounge for other airlines' premium passengers).

If you are traveling around Chile, you might consider Priority Pass, as there are Pacific Clubs located in several airports.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Ok so if I am on a business class ticket I still have to pay to use a priority pass lounge? Is that correct?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Unfortunately for you, yes. LAN is generally pretty insistent that OW (non AA flights) and LAN passengers use their lounges. There's an Admirals Club at SCL but they don't open until 0530. You can always ask LAN when you check in if they'll give you a pass for Pacific but don't hold your breath. All this is based on the assumption that you're flying international, the only lounge on the domestic side is a Pacific as well and LAN doesn't give out passes to that one.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ttuna3, yep this would be flying internationally. Thanks again for the info.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA
Hi,

Went through the other day. One was open when I showed up at 0300ish, got the impression it was all night... The better one opened at 0530 iirc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.