Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN Peru LIM > CUZ AA Award question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

So I'm on an award LIM > CUZ part of an AA award redemption NYC > LIM > CUZ my flight LIM > CUZ is ticketed for 11am, can I waitlist/stanby for the 5am or 6am LIM > CUZ in LIM Airport? If yes are there any extra fees?.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi. Flight operated by LAN? Fare class is T?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ual902
So I'm on an award LIM > CUZ part of an AA award redemption NYC > LIM > CUZ my flight LIM > CUZ is ticketed for 11am, can I waitlist/stanby for the 5am or 6am LIM > CUZ in LIM Airport? If yes are there any extra fees?.
I did the exact same thing in April - LAN flight between LIM and CUZ and then CUZ to LIM both ticketed by AA. The ticket wasn't really the issue - LAN told me that they don't offer standby anymore. However, on both I was able to standby for other flights. On outbound LIM to CUZ, I had a connecting itinerary with a long layover and was able to get on an earlier connection. The return was on a 5pm CUZ-LIM flight (that's the only thing they made available to AA), so I showed up at the airport around noon and was able to standby for an earlier flight as well. So long story short, the official answer is No, however, if the checkin agents are unwilling to do it, go through Security and ask at the gate - they should be able to help you there. Good Luck!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
I did the exact same thing in April - LAN flight between LIM and CUZ and then CUZ to LIM both ticketed by AA. The ticket wasn't really the issue - LAN told me that they don't offer standby anymore. However, on both I was able to standby for other flights. On outbound LIM to CUZ, I had a connecting itinerary with a long layover and was able to get on an earlier connection. The return was on a 5pm CUZ-LIM flight (that's the only thing they made available to AA), so I showed up at the airport around noon and was able to standby for an earlier flight as well. So long story short, the official answer is No, however, if the checkin agents are unwilling to do it, go through Security and ask at the gate - they should be able to help you there. Good Luck!
Thanks, but I will have a suitcase that I doubt I can go through security, as it would have to be checked in. So what happens to checked in luggage if I go on an earlier flight LIM > CUZ?.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Just ask at check in, should be no problem. At LIM should be smooth. At CUZ they may have to get a supervisor sign off.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Just ask at check in, should be no problem. At LIM should be smooth. At CUZ they may have to get a supervisor sign off.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.