Elite Status Qualification

Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
Elite Status Qualification

I've just hit the 150,000km mark in my LANPASS account statement, however, after LAN credited a bunch of recent codeshare flights to AA flight numbers rather than to LAN (LAN ticketed AA metal), I am yet to fly the 75,000km required with LAN/TAM.

My question is, does LAN enforce the "75,000km flown on LAN" requirement for Comodoro status? Has anyone here been in this situation previously? The LAN account statement shows segments flown with LAN or TAM and not kilometres flown with LAN or TAM so I'm hoping I should be OK with 20+ LAN segments.

As I value my sanity, I'd like to avoid having to deal with the LAN back office, if at all possible.

Regards,
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
75.000 kms must be flown in LAN/TAM metal, that's the deal. If you'd like to know, I'd take out my calculator and start adding up each row of "Vuelo Holding" that your statement shows

Regards,
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
Right you were BonzoLed (although the 75,000 KM must be on flights marketed by LAN/TAM regardless of the operating airline).

It took a week, but LAN finally accredited my codeshare flights to LAN rather than AA and I was immediately upgraded to Comodoro.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Question for the LANPASS experts here ...

I know that class of service bonuses count towards elite qualification on LAN flights, but is this also true if I book a business class flight on AA? I know the chart shows that I'll get 125% redeemable km (plus the elite bonus) for such flights, but would I also get 125% towards elite status? Thus far, all my business segments credited to my LANPASS account have all been on LAN itself, so I haven't run into this question before.

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
My experience has been that I've gotten COS kms on AA metal but they were LAN codeshares. I've also been getting my Comodoro bonus kms on AA when they haven't been codeshares, also my AS kms(miles) have been counted toward qualifying. That being said with LAN YMMV!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
To add to ttuna3, they show up for USAir now as well.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Dec 3, 2014 at 3:40 pm Reason: deletion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.