Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAX to Easter Island (IPC) via Santiago (SCL)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Hello, and thanks to everyone who helped with my previous posts. Planning a trip to Easter Island is a bit more complex than other journeys.

I see the flights from SCL to IPC usually leave at either 8:15 am or 9:30 am, depending on the day.

I've found some flights that connect me into SCL early that morning (like some arrive at 7 am), but several of you have warned me about leaving enough time in SCL between flights. So I'd much rather arrive in SCL the night before, get a hotel for one night, then have plenty of time to catch my morning flight to IPC the next day.

My question now is, will LAN allow me to do this on one ticket? Their suggested itineraries are always the ones that only leave me an hour or so layover at SCL. I'm basically asking for a 12-14 hour layover instead. And I really don't want to buy two separate tickets. I can't do this online, so I'm going to have to call. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks as always to my friends here on FlyerTalk.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi. Have you tried booking it as a multi-city itin? If the cnx isn't too long (more then 24 hours?), you get the same low fare but with more time in SCL.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Bingo. I didn't see the option for a multiple-city, one-way flight until you mentioned it. Worked fine, with no extra fare for the stay over. Perfect!

Now on the way back, it looks like IPC to SCL is 12:40 to 7:30 pm. And then my connections to either MIA or LIMA are at 9:45 pm.

So I would only have 2 hours in SCL, and there aren't many other options. Does anyone know how reliable the IPC-SCL is? Seems like a short layover for an international flight. And I'm wondering if I should stay the night again in SCL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.