Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Question about Comodoro unlimited upgrade benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum

Hi all,

I am currently a Comodoro member and hence have unlimited upgrades subject to availability and making sure I have booked into an eligible class fare.

It says on the website that upgrades are ranked upon a member's status and the time they lodged the upgrade request.

So, does that mean I should try to request the upgrade as soon as the online check-in opens (48hours before)?

My flight is AKL-SYD on the 6am flight.. has anyone had experience with upgrading via status benefits with that flight?

Any responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

MJ
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi minjunkwak. Yes, definitely request upgrade at T-48. In fact, get everything ready a bit before so you can breeze through. My record is requesting upgrade at T-48 + 1 minute.
You can then see / follow your place on the upgrade list anytime via the link.
Yes, the list order is based on status then check in time.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: BA
My experience is that it's the CHECKIN time that's important, not the REQUEST time. Seems you can make the request later and it gets queued in order of checkin.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold / Korean Air Morning Calm / Qatar Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for your replies. Appreciate it.

How much of the time have you actually been upgraded through this Comodoro benefit? It seems like a great benefit if it works!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
A handful of times this year, but the year isn't over. Around a dozen last year. I select mid-week for flying. Yes, it is a great benefit. Batting average for getting the upgrade is around 90% (being judicious with flight selection and quick on the button). Never been brave enough to risk it for a red-eye though.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
I suggest you get a subscription to Expert flyer and keep track of how many seats are available in J for the flights you are interested in vs. days of the week. I once checked on the flights to Australia from SCL and they usually had little or no J availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.