50% miles, 2 day sale

Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
50% miles, 2 day sale

LAN may be having another 50% sale, today and tomorrow. I say "may" as their posted link (http://bit.ly/compraKmsLANPASS) doesn't work. YMMV.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7804072&type=1
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It works on every country web page I tried. Just go to "buy kms" or "compra de kms" and enter the amount and it comes out half price (e.g. I bought 100,000 kms for us $1000 and ordinarily it would cost $2000) THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS IAN!!!! I would have missed it without your wonderful post!!! ^^^^^^
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:43 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
LAN may be having another 50% sale, today and tomorrow. I say "may" as their posted link (http://bit.ly/compraKmsLANPASS) doesn't work. YMMV.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7804072&type=1
Good spot Neil
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:39 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Oh, man! I just got the Visa card and I was really hoping to buy some additional KMs in the next few days, but the conditions say you must have a minimum balance of 1600 km. Does anyone have experience with how long SPG transfers take to post, for example? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:47 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by WAS
Oh, man! I just got the Visa card and I was really hoping to buy some additional KMs in the next few days, but the conditions say you must have a minimum balance of 1600 km. Does anyone have experience with how long SPG transfers take to post, for example? Thanks.
Anything from 4 days to 3 weeks

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lan-l...nsfer-lan.html
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
When does is actually show the discount price? In the CL site at "Step 2" it still shows the CLP equivalent to US$2.000 when you have to enter your CC info.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
When does is actually show the discount price? In the CL site at "Step 2" it still shows the CLP equivalent to US$2.000 when you have to enter your CC info.
Yeah I get the 2c/km price too when I try via the normal link.

Some'ats bust.

i
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WAS
Oh, man! I just got the Visa card and I was really hoping to buy some additional KMs in the next few days, but the conditions say you must have a minimum balance of 1600 km.
OR have been a LP member for > 3 months, iirc.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:19 pm
WAS

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
OR have been a LP member for > 3 months, iirc.
Thanks to the both of you. It's not been 3 months and it looks hotel transfers that would make sense take longer than a few days (SPG or Hyatt). Km transfers between accounts also take 3+ days according to the website. So it looks like I will have to sit this one out. Bummer, but oh well. TY anyway.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by WAS
Thanks to the both of you. It's not been 3 months and it looks hotel transfers that would make sense take longer than a few days (SPG or Hyatt). Km transfers between accounts also take 3+ days according to the website. So it looks like I will have to sit this one out. Bummer, but oh well. TY anyway.
Can't you just buy 1600kms at regular price then go back and buy the discounted ones? Kms purchased on line credit immediately.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by postular
Can't you just buy 1600kms at regular price then go back and buy the discounted ones? Kms purchased on line credit immediately.
Think the same restrictions apply at 2c/km.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:11 am

Yeah I get the 2c/km price too when I try via the normal link.

Some'ats bust.

i
I'm only seeing the announcement on the Ecuador and Peru front pages. Sorry for those who don't get to partake; I imagine your sale will be coming up soon.

Meanwhile, I am perturbed that LAN did not email me the announcement of this two day sale. If not for the wonderful FT members (THANKS AGAIN IAN WORTHINGTON!) I would never have known about it. How much do you wanna bet the email arrives tomorrow after the sale is over?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:43 am
WAS

Think the same restrictions apply at 2c/km.
Yeah, I just opened an account recently and don't have anything posted yet. Maybe next time...
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
I dont get the offer.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by david_33
I dont get the offer.
Sorry --- I may have confused myself because the Peru page has a 50% off sale but it appears to be on trips not kms.
But it definitely still appears on the Ecuador main page.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.